The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mackie sdr vs motu 24i/o
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

mackie sdr vs motu 24i/o

need more i/o in my studio, I can get any of this machines for ca. 1450$new. should Igo with the mackie (I'll be able to do concert recording and renting it etc.) or buy the motu 24 i/o (and continue recording on nuendo)?
Old 27th May 2003
Lives for gear

What do you have right now? Those are two very different options, one being a native DAW interface and the other a stand-alone hard disk recorder. They do both have 24 i/o , but otherwise it pretty much depends on what paradigm your studio is set-up on.
I've got an SDR 24/96 that I use alongside MOTU 2408 and 1224 interfaces with my DAW. It's a nice combo for getting 32 channels analog out of the DAW and into my console. The interfaces have the advantage of recording directly into the DAW, so you can quickly edit and automate, while the SDR requires you to transfer the tracks digitally, over USB, or through a hard drive swap. The stand-alone recorder is much better for monitoring punch-ins and playbacks when tracking through a console compared to the native DAW. They cover eachother's short-comings nicely. HTH

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search