The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
In The Studio with Bruce Swedien!!!
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Addict

Wow! thumbsup
Old 21st November 2009
Baz
Lives for gear

Man, would I ever like to attend and and get what this opportunity has to offer, but alas, I'm sure it's too rich for my blood.

It came to my attention that a girl I recorded a couple of years back ("Jen") has been doing some work with you, Bruce. She just casually told me over lunch and I had to choke back my mouthful of food and say "excuse me, can you please repeat that!" She totally blew my mind and I must have bored her telling her how lucky she was to get to work with you!
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Nut

I am interested. Please post details of where you are thinking of holding it so I can arrange my schedule. Thanks, Bruce! What a wonderful opportunity!

-Matt
Old 21st November 2009
Ya sure - pop on by the studio.
Old 21st November 2009
I wish
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Addict

I'm very interested!!!
Old 21st November 2009

sounds awesome!

Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

What are the details of the workshop?
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Addict

In The Studio with Bruce Swedien - The Official Website for The Godfather of Recording Bruce Swedien...

Quote:
We are currently accepting 10 students to attend Bruce’s "In The Studio with Bruce Swedien" Workshop to be held at Bruce’s private home studio in Central Florida. This is the first time Bruce has ever opened his studio to such an intimate group of students, this should be something to cherish and remember forever. This master class is designed for those professionally involved in the technical aspects, the performing, and the production of high-quality recorded music. Bruce will teach you a process of listening that involves analysis, serious thinking and thoughtful judgment. When it comes to recording and mixing music, you will use this process every day. We will explore all phases of world-class, state-of-the-art music recording right up to and including the final mix...

Workshop Schedule

Day 1-Acoustics Lecture, Tour of West Viking Studios and Introduction

Day 2-Acoustics Lecture and Recording Technique (Drums)

Day 3-Lecture and Recording Technique (Vocals, Guitars)

Day 4-Lecture and Recording Techniques

Day 5-Mixing with Bruce Swedien and Microphones Lecture

Day 6-Microphones Lecture

Day 7-Microphones Lecture, Dinner and Award Ceremony

*The schedule is subject to change at any time. The guest speakers and artists will be announced at the event.
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

Any chance of a workshop in Europe one of these days?
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knastratt View Post
Can you accomodate via iChat/webcam?
That would be cool!
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Nut

Many have asked about the price here, as there is no mention of it on the site for the course.

Could taking part be made totally possible by the generous contributions of the worthy microphone manufacturers mentioned under SPONSORS on the same web site?

On the web pages for the course it only reads:

"The "In The Studio with Bruce Swedien" Workshop would not be possible without the generous contributions of these fine organizations and individuals. To them, we owe a sincere debt of gratitude and thanks."
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevteros View Post
Any chance of a workshop in Europe one of these days?
+1 this would be great!!
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

This would be an awesome opportunity for who ever selected. I have seen Bruce speak at a few events and its always very cool and thought provoking.
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Price?
Got the info: 3500 USD. All inclusive. Absolutely everything included! Truly everything and more.

You won't need money for food, snacks, transportation, accommodation (Holiday Inn suites incl.) anything!

Bruce's autograph (on your signed graduation certificate) alone is worth something. :-)
Old 12th December 2009
I dunno. It's kinda weird. As I understand it two have been cancelled now. Also it's a brand new website and myspace. They say another is set to run in the New Year but I'm kinda nervous of sending a deposit at this point. I'm keen to go but, let's be frank, anyone can set up a website and claim to be someone they're not...
Old 12th December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
I'm looking to hold a workshop before the end the year, more then likely the second week of december!!! Anyone interested!!!!

- Your Pal
Bruce Swedien

Hey :-D

How about Carnaval 2010 in Rio and a workshop for us here?

i wish i could go!

Lucky bastards! :-D

cheers from rio.
Old 12th December 2009
Lives for gear

Time to get my new Visa....
Old 12th December 2009
teo
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimskidog View Post
I dunno. It's kinda weird. As I understand it two have been cancelled now. Also it's a brand new website and myspace. They say another is set to run in the New Year but I'm kinda nervous of sending a deposit at this point. I'm keen to go but, let's be frank, anyone can set up a website and claim to be someone they're not...
Easy...you can just double check with Mr. Swedien here...
Old 12th December 2009
What if Bruce is a robot created by aliens with the sole purpose of.......

oh wait....

that's crazy talk.
Old 12th December 2009
Lives for gear

well i just applied, i'm based in australia and am willing to fly myself over for an opportunity like this, so i don't know what you blokes are winging about. this is seriously once i a lifetime opportunity stuff. id liken it to getting vocal lessons for Michael Jackson.
Old 12th December 2009
He clearly mixes with the help of Alien technology...
Old 12th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimskidog View Post
The new website belongs to Bruce--I spoke with him recently and he decided to make some changes. He also changed his myspace...If you're accepted to the class, I suggest you go--it's really spectacular!
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

I would love to go but for $3500 and two kids to feed... its less than ideal.

Granted, learning from a master is priceless but considering the economy and all, I must pass at this time.
Old 16th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
I got selected .I'm happy. Anybody else got selected? There are 2 workshops. One in january and one in the first week of february.
Don't get any reaction on emails. Does anybody have recent emailcontact/ (last week)

greets

i got selected for the first week on january. Im flying all the way over from Australia for this. Kind of works out sweet cause i have a job interview with Boeing In California the following week.

****EN PUMPED AS!!!! he's is the Papa Smurf of the Recording Industry.
Old 16th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauha View Post
Got the info: 3500 USD. All inclusive. Absolutely everything included! Truly everything and more.

You won't need money for food, snacks, transportation, accommodation (Holiday Inn suites incl.) anything!

Bruce's autograph (on your signed graduation certificate) alone is worth something. :-)
How many days?
How many per workshop?
@Florida, right?
Old 16th December 2009
Gear Head

Man I live so close to there but I don't think I can come up with 3500 in that small amount of time.
Old 17th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
How many days?
How many per workshop?
@Florida, right?
Its all on the web site.
Old 17th December 2009
Gear Head

Anyone else notice that there's a (Guest Speaker) every single day of the workshop. Is Bruce even going to be there? This seems odd.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear