The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So tell me a little more about the Event Opals..
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

So tell me a little more about the Event Opals..

Who has purchased or uses these monitors and how are your mixes translating? Have some of the issues regarding amp self noise/ port noise been resolved? I can't wait to try these out but will not have access to them for a few months still... really curious about them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Head

I was told by a source very close to the design team that the amp self noise issue was an early version of the product and has been fixed. Thinking about getting a pair myself. Donations accepted.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Nut

would have been nice had they put more effort into the design. probably the ugliest speaker on the market. the lady of the house will definitely disapprove. ;-)
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObLogic7 View Post
I was told by a source very close to the design team that the amp self noise issue was an early version of the product and has been fixed. Thinking about getting a pair myself. Donations accepted.
I read a post on this forum that it was a simple gain issue that just needed tweaking. I own a pair of Event ASPs and I like them a lot but there have been some major reliability issues with the power amps.. even though this is a whole new company and a completely fresh design, I really hope we won't see a repeat of this sort of thing. So far I've been hearing very good things about the Opals but they were off to a shaky start.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

So.... I'm guessing most have not had a chance to check these out yet as they are still fairly new on the market?
Old 5th April 2010
Old 5th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas View Post
I read a post on this forum that it was a simple gain issue that just needed tweaking. I own a pair of Event ASPs and I like them a lot but there have been some major reliability issues with the power amps.. even though this is a whole new company and a completely fresh design, I really hope we won't see a repeat of this sort of thing. So far I've been hearing very good things about the Opals but they were off to a shaky start.
I just recently had to replace the amps in both of my ASP8's. They were out of warranty and $500 is not cheap. Twas a bummer, but they work great now. I too am curious about the Opals, but the noise issues got me a bit skeptical. I don't care so much that they look kind of ugly as long as they sound great and don't have any problems. Still, I'm looking more towards Adams now. Too bad they are so much more expensive. - paul
Old 31st August 2010
Lives for gear

I have a pair of Opals. They are incredible. Mixes translating extremely well, but that is also due to the fact that I treated my room extensively.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear