The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Upgrading/rebuilding my studio
Old 14th November 2009
Upgrading/rebuilding my studio

Its time to upgrade! I recently had to sell my stuff because of a financial hardship. But, thank God, now its time to rebuild. I just got an Imac. Its pretty cool.Fast prosceser and a huge hard drive. But now its time for software..
I used to work out of a roland vs-2000 (daw). Now i am looking into getting an analog board for natural sound but with firewire or usb capabilities. I want to stay digital but with some decent analog preamps. The allen and heath ZED 420 seems cool, but i do not know how "sonar" would or even IF it will work with my mac. And if it doesn't, i'm wondering if the board will work with ''logic" software. if anyone out there is open to suggestions i'm all ears. As far as budget goes, i'm trying to stay under $2000. Something simple, but flexible, and preferably something with more than only 8 inputs. Needless to say, i have some research to do lol
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

high end ?
Old 15th November 2009
high end?

Im here looking for advice. Other people on here are usually helpful
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

I think his point was that you might get more useful advice from the 'low end' sub forum. More folks with similar budgets/goals, compared t this forum.
Old 15th November 2009
sorry to waste you' re time

My gear: universal audio la-610
Pearlman tm1
focusrite isa 428
nuemann tlm 49
New IMAC system
Im not writing this to prove a point, because it is a very humble setup. But i wasn't aware that David pearlman, universal audio, and nuemann all made low end gear.
Dont trip Dave. I still got you're back. Thanks for the mic
And you guys take care,peace
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vientos00 View Post
As far as budget goes, i'm trying to stay under $2000. Something simple, but flexible, and preferably something with more than only 8 inputs. Needless to say, i have some research to do lol

not trying to be a pr1ck, just based my response on your own words. botton line, you're in the wrong forum with this question and i'm boggled by the fact you can't see it for yourself, especially if you simply paroose this forum
Old 19th November 2009
thanks for the help

Not to be a prick myself but incase anyone is wondering, im going with the allen and heath zed r16 firewire mixer. I hear that the converters are up there with apogee.And the analog pre's and eq's are supposed to be nice too.Cost $2000. and with my pearlman tm1 and other toys, i should be able to get a nice clean high end sound lol. I think that after i process the signal through these bad boy's, all that would be left is to send it to a good mastering studio. Question answered. Dont trip audio hombre, it's all good. I'll go back and play with the "poor boys" lol.
peace
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear