The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wisseloord studio in big problems
Old 22nd February 2013
Gear Nut

As long as downloading music will continue to be free for most people things can only be getting worse and only a fool will invest big amounts into music production. Artists are going to have to "pay to be heard" more or less. Why would labels invest big amounts into something people download for free? Quality of the music does not make the fans more honest.
Old 22nd February 2013
Lives for gear

Waxx, could you maybe add something (like "not anymore") to the topic title?
People (save the "insiders") who scroll over the high end page, but do not open this thread, will get a wrong impression and a whole new rumor might develop.

Henk
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear
I am amazed at some of the comments about management of this place, as if better management would have somehow found money or clients that the current couldn't.

At least in the US in 2008 we saw a 40 percent drop in revenue as soon as the press chimed in with its "the economy is in the dumpster" mantra. When that happens you have to batten down the hatches . Rent or mortgage forst, utilities second. people third. Taxes, well...when you get it you pay it.

If you lose the building...well...if you can't turn on the gear....well...and if you have no one to do the work.....well.... AT least for a while you can put off the taxes, although st some point you will have no choice.

A place like Wisseloord has huge overhead, and a highly diminished pool of potential clients to support that overhead. I would venture to guess that any commercial studio relying on day rates or hourly's is going to experiencing the same thing to some extent.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Regardless how we see the current situation for the recording industry I think it would be fair to change the title of this thread as it apparently does not contribute to the success of the current Wisseloord studio and is misleading.

I personally disagree in many ways about large studios but non the less wish Wisseloord all the best for the future !
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear