The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
June Carter Cash passes on
Old 16th May 2003
Gear Nut

June Carter Cash passes on

Sadly, Johnny Cash lost his bride yesterday. I always admired June for her strength and faith that helped pull John through his troublesome times. If it wasn't for her, we might not have had the Man in Black around as long as we have. Pray for Johnny, it must be an extremely sad and grevious time for him.

Dyno
Old 16th May 2003
Moderator emeritus

WSM played a bunch of June's stuff last night - some wonderful music.
Old 17th May 2003
Lives for gear

Very sad. I had the pleasure of seeing them perform together. She was also a great songwriter and did seem to get much credit for it. (Ring of Fire?)
Old 18th May 2003
Lives for gear

I actually cried when I head the news. Huge loss for music and humanity.
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear
My mom is a Cash and a distant relation. My Dad passed away about ten days ago and I'd spent a lot of time before the funeral listening to Johnny Cash music. I'd wanted to play "In My Life" off the new CD at the burial but by the time it rolled around in Arkansas the weather was so awful that there wasn't time for much beyond a prayer.

Anyhow, June Carter Cash was a wonderful woman. Good actress. Pretty good songwriter. I'd like to say she was a great muse for Johnny but he wrote the vast majority of his material before they were a couple.
Old 19th May 2003
Heavy stuff, my sincere condolences.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search