The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SSL X-rack users (summing)
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Head

SSL X-rack users (summing)

Hi, I'm using x-rack summing with 3, 4-input modules - 12 channels together and I really love its sound but I have possibility of buying 8 input module. Will it really improve my sound if I add next 8 channels? What is your experience and how many channels of summing do you like to use?
Old 9th November 2009
Deleted User
I used the 8 input module setup with an api system on the ext in. It worked nicely!

I needed EQ and more channels, so I sold it to finance the purchase of a Midas Venice 320. The summing on the 320 is stellar, however, monitoring is a pain invthe a$$.

I have found that more channels, spreading the signals out, sounds better. The 8 input mod is good for stems and effect returns. Might as well buy it if youre getting a good deal on it.
Old 9th November 2009
Lives for gear

We use an X-Rack in our studios. Very very good.
As with any summing OTB though the more channels you have the better the overall benifit.
Old 10th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetgn View Post
We use an X-Rack in our studios. Very very good.
As with any summing OTB though the more channels you have the better the overall benifit.

Have you used any other summing gear? Just wonder how the X rack compares to other stuff..like the dangerous 2bus, API or Neve summing mixers. Thanks
Old 10th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX View Post
Have you used any other summing gear? Just wonder how the X rack compares to other stuff..like the dangerous 2bus, API or Neve summing mixers. Thanks
+1
Old 1st December 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
bump
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
You may find this helpful:
A Gearslutz SSL X-Rack, Dynamics, Line in and Summing Review

... and I'm still using it day in day out in our studios.

Regards

Steve
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear