The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AMEK G2520/MX644 computer Dynamic Microphones
Old 3rd November 2009
Here for the gear

AMEK G2520/MX644 computer

Hi

I've quite recently purchased a Amek G2520 and after reading the manual i have now discovered that the MX644 computer is missing, the computer that runs the automation.

Does any one know where I can get one or at least the drawings?
The company that made the MX644 doesn't exist any more and haven't done since -94 so I don't know where to turn.

What shall I do if i can't get a MX644??? Does any one know how to build a new system that is compable with the AMEK G2520 automation?

HELP!

//D A Franzon

Sweden
Old 17th November 2009
Here for the gear

I'm in search for a Audio Kinetics / Mastermix MX 644 VCA automation system, or the schematics for the system.

Is there any other solutions to get the automation to work???
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Try to contact audiomaintenance.com or mseaudio.co.uk
These guys are very familiar with Amek desks
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Maniac

I'm not positive on this, but I seem to recall from the two Amek boards I've used (Amek Big on both cases) that the automation and recall was run by a 486 pc through the paralel port. There might be a way to get the automation software ported for Windows and run it from a cheap pc? Once again I might be very mistaken!
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Hi
You are I am afraid, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
The Mastermix was supplied to AMEK as a package and the schematics did not appear in the manuals, certainly not in full.
All of the various versions of Supertrue are completely different to Mastermix although there is one desk which previously had Mastermix was converted to Supertrue (ATARI version) using a prototype 'digitiser' board and was literally the only one. I know, I spent days 'knitting' the interface!
Your best bet is to scout around all dealers in old desks and try to locate whatever you need.
Don Larking, Funky Junk, Studiocare (Liverpool) and in the USA etc. Mastermix was of course fitted to other brands of desk so you may have some luck.
The AMS 'TASK' system used the same layout of ribbon connectors but there were VERY few of these built.
The desk itself has faders with suitable switches, a DC controlling fader and VCA in the audio path.
If there was sufficient demand it would be possible to recreate a suitable system but for only one or a handful of desks it would be very expensive and there would be a serious issue with finding a suitable computer 'platform' to run it on otherwise you would be talking complete new software as well.
I wish you good hunting, there must be some bits out there, you just have to find them!
Matt S
Old 4th December 2014
I have a Mastermix computer I may be selling, Poss not going to use and will know soon.

Thanks

Craig
Old 4th December 2014
Try Colin at Audio Maintenance. I understand he bought all of Amek's parts catalogue:

Audio Maintenance Limited - Support Zone
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search