The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help!!!! Moving to London from US Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th September 2005
Gear Nut

Help!!!! Moving to London from US

Slutz

I'm moving to London from NYC early next year. I have to pack up the studio and ship it over. How much does something like this generally cost (besides a computer, flat screen monitors, near field monitors, rackmounted equipment includes synths, FX processors, and outboard processors [eqs and comps], in all maybe 50 rack spaces of stuff)? Any suggestions who should I ship with? How reliable are shockproof racks?

Also, I have not researched what I must do to power my gear across the pond. Europe and most other countries in the world use a voltage which is twice that of the US (between 220 and 240 volts) whereas in Japan and in most of the Americas the voltage is between 100 and 127 volts.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 20th September 2005
Gear Maniac

Supernova,
Not sure, but I used to tour for a living, companies like Rock It Cargo ship equipment all over the world. I would try to get in touch with them. I'm sure they could turn you on to someone to help you out. They do the freight costs upon the size and weight. You'll need to know how many cubic feet/in. and approximate poundage for them to give you an estimate. Also slow boating the gear will save you $. Hope that helps.

BJohnston
Old 20th September 2005
Get in touch when you get here!

I am based in London!

Old 20th September 2005
Gear Head

Hi......Soundmoves out of New York/Long Island also can ship equipment worldwide 516-239-5250...talk with Wayde
Old 20th September 2005
Gear Nut

Thanks dchapp et al. I really hate the thought of saying goodbye to the space I have now but the lease is up at the end of March and my wife's job wants her there next year. In any case, I want to be prepared and must admit that I'm a bit apprehensive about moving my beloved equipment...

Jules, I'll be over there by March and will get in touch. Need some like-minded slutz around so that my wife does not succeed in convincing me I'm crazy!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search