The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Has anyone used their API 2500 as an insert? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 19th September 2005
Lives for gear

Has anyone used their API 2500 as an insert?

I'm thinking of getting a API 2500 as a bus comp, but how does it sound on individual tracks? I'd love it to do double duty.
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael
I'm thinking of getting a API 2500 as a bus comp, but how does it sound on individual tracks? I'd love it to do double duty.
why the hell not? should sound awesome. i own one but haven't done that, but there is no reason why it can't be done. the channels unlock readily. (but all parameters are global)

best luck,
rlnyc
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael

it embiggens. assuming you lay into the transformers enough to get the meters jumping, it'll impart a very slight low mid bump, a little thickening in the peaky mid zone, and a slight softening of the air band. no surprises if you're used to a good xformer circuit.

if you actually compress with it, it'll add a little hair in the presence and some old-school grunge to the whole track. it locks things down with 1-2db reduction.

i love the cumulative effect of these colors, it gives a production the 'old record' vibe, the kind of glue that comes from tracking and mixing everything thru the same console/pre's.

gregoire
del ubik
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search