The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
KRK Expose 8 Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Addict

KRK Expose 8

http://www.frontendaudio.com/Product...=2981&click=35

Anybody use these? I havent been able to find much information on them. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing...
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Nut

I heard them once in a store showroom in NYC and was stunned at how "real" they sounded. They had The Clash's "London Calling" playing and you could hear absolutely everything in the recording.

I have a pretty small control room so I bought the Expose 7's immediately after that and I love them. They're not a tremendously fun speaker to listen to but the mixes sound the way you'd expect and many times even better.

Hope this helps. I cannot recommend them nearly enough.
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Addict

Sounds like I'm gonna like them if I can my hands on them! Thanks!
Old 19th September 2005
Lives for gear

I use E-7's every day also. The detail and problem finding abilities are amazing. The E-8's are wonderful. Get them while you can.

Michael Greene
Old 19th September 2005
Lives for gear

PMC and Genelec are better. The company that designed my studio spec Genelec and PMC's. I was told that KRK we not great monitors. Coming from a comany that has built studios all over the world I kind of have respect thier opinions as they have tested more speakers than I have time to listen to. After all its thier job.
But I have A/B'd Genelec PMX and KRK Expose 8 and The KRK did finish a solid last.
As always YMMV.
Old 19th September 2005

I thought all the Expose's were discontinued recently????

BTW, the original E8's were a great speaker. Kinda lost a little of the magic when they switched the tweeter though....

I would probably go with Genelec 1032's at this point instead of E8t's..
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Addict

I just showed that link because thats mostly all Ive found on them.

Whats the diffrence between the E8's and E8t's? I the ones Im loking at are used. I'm not sure how old. I don't know if their E8's or E8t's.
Old 19th September 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtR
I just showed that link because thats mostly all Ive found on them.

Whats the diffrence between the E8's and E8t's? I the ones Im loking at are used. I'm not sure how old. I don't know if their E8's or E8t's.
The E8t's came out about 2 years ago and feature a different tweeter than the original E8's...
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Addict

Hmmm... I think these are more then 2 years old. So they're the E8's. Is their a big diffrence in the tweeter to the E8t's?
Old 19th September 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtR
Hmmm... I think these are more then 2 years old. So they're the E8's. Is their a big diffrence in the tweeter to the E8t's?
Yes. They are made out of a completely different material. And, while I think they sound great, good luck finding replacements if you blow a tweeter...
Old 19th September 2005
Lives for gear

Hi,

I work exclusiv on KRK E8t's.

I hear what some are saying about the new tweeters. They sound a little
harsher, but let me hear a lot better in reverbs and vocal tweaking.

You can identify them on the color.

The old Kevlar ones are yellow, the new ones are black.

wolfgang
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Maniac

I love my E8
a friend of mine also has them and he blew his tweeters (this guy plays his stuff really loud) and he got the newer tweeters installed in the old one,
sounded a little different than the old E8
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Maniac

ok now you got me worried too!
Old 19th September 2005
Lives for gear

I've had my E8's for about three or four years now can't remember which, I love the sound of them and my mixes translate very well to other systems. I think my mixes with the E8's translate better than the mixes done on Genelec 1032's when I had access to them. The E8's along with my Avocet are working out really well. YMMV

Old 19th September 2005
Lives for gear

Again another monitor thread that points out one thing. Only you can decide what monitor works for you and your ears. There are many monitors that I probably wouldn't use as a door stop or to hammer nails with but many hit records get mixed on them.
If you can get the E-8's for a good price buy them. If you don't like them and want to sell them........ Give me a call!!! I will take them off your hands.

Michael Greene
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Addict

If you read on page 285 of the book "Behind the Glass" by Howard Massey, Chuck Ainlay says he lis a big fan of the E8. Don't know if that means anything or not to you but I did read that.

I am going to be in the market for better monitors. I currently use as old pair of Event 20/20P (powered - but not bi-amped) monitors. It is my next studio upgrade. Seems lots of good choices in the $1200 to $2000 range.

-Gary
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search