The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Auditronics 710 console? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd October 2009
Lives for gear

I have a power supply like the ones that came with your board, a ps30- I use it to power my 500 rack- anyway one thing to look out for is there are some opamps in there that tend to blow out easily. If a PS has problems it's the first thing to check. They're cheap & easy to replace, though I think they haven't been made in some years. I'd recommend you pop the top of the PS, identify those ICs (sorry I don't have that info handy right now) & order some to keep around.
Old 22nd October 2009
Gear Nut

Good advice on the PS. I'll defiantly do that before i'm done with the restore on it.

Sugar: That would be AWESOME!. There are a quite a few pots/buttons that could use replacing. It also is missing a few VU Meters that would be nice to have. and it only has 6 VCA masters instead of the 9 it's capable of, so 3 more would be cool as well.

Here is a photo update of the work that took place last night. Striped down the whole thing, including the arm rest, and side panels. I'm planning on getting the wood refinished and the arm rest re-upholstered. Should be looking pretty slick once I'm done with it.

Right now the plan is to scrub it from top-to-bottom, do the cosmetic work, and use contact cleaner on all the PCB edge connector. I'll probably recap down the road, but is there anything else I should be doing to get this thing in tip-top shape?

Also here is an email from a guy that worked at the University while this board was in service there:
"It likely needs a lot of tlc by now, but it was a nice sounding console! I know it cost the school over $50k in its day. I didn't use the board much myself, but I was dragged in to many a forlorn session that was trying to get sound out of it. I don't know the availability of parts, or even if Auditronics is still in business. My oppinion is that it should sound great! At the time, there was only one studio in the Denver area that had a nicer board that I recall. If I had an extra 2 grand and a place to put it, I'd consider it if it wasn't beat to hell."

Thanks
Brad
Attached Thumbnails
Auditronics 710 console?-photo.jpg  
Old 25th October 2009
Gear Nut

Console Update: Wiped down the entire frame and cleaned the crevasses with q-tips. I got off all the knobs this weekend and washed them. All the knobs laid out look similar to Legos. I was also able to drop off the arm rest to get re-upholstered (which was only $50 Surprising!). Next step will be to wipe down all the modules get them looking good.
I also ordered some faderlube from Caig to get the faders moving easy and clean them inside. I took apart one of the faders and found a penny. This thing is trying to pay for it's self! Stay tuned. i'll keep updating with pictures of the progress.
Old 27th October 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrman288 View Post
Stay tuned. i'll keep updating with pictures of the progress.
thumbsup

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 4th November 2009
Gear Nut

Here are some more pictures of the progress.
1. I had a cover made for it out of rip-stop. so when it's not in use there will be a thin breathable material to protect it from dust.
2. I got the arm rest re-upholstered so it looks brand new.
3. I pulled off every knob and washed it. As well as cleaned the front of every module. When I had the frame bare I cleaned out a LOT of gunk and crap that was caked in there.
4. I have all the faders out and am currently waiting for my order from CAIG with the faderlube. Once that's on there I can put it all back together.
5. I also sanded and re-stained the wood pieces on the side. They still need to be clear coated.

I still need to solder/wire the input molex connectors. That will be a good amount of time with the multi-meter and soldering iron.
Attached Thumbnails
Auditronics 710 console?-img_8298.jpg   Auditronics 710 console?-img_8299.jpg   Auditronics 710 console?-img_8300.jpg   Auditronics 710 console?-img_8302.jpg   Auditronics 710 console?-img_8305.jpg  

Auditronics 710 console?-img_8306.jpg  
Old 4th November 2009
Lives for gear

Great work! I never think I need a console until I see this sort of a thread and I think...hmmm...so sexy and hands on. Great call on the stripping it down. I imagine the can of coke in the faders story kind of made that decision for youheh

Looking forward to more updates. Time to look at Craigslist.
Old 10th November 2009
Gear Nut

Moved somethings around the studio yesterday. Here's a shot of where it will "live". sorry for the poor iphone quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Auditronics 710 console?-photo.jpg  
Old 10th November 2009
Gear Maniac

awesome!thumbsup
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Looks just like my old one!..

What are u using to sum out to it?

I think u will like the 2 buss..

Congrats!

Wiggy
Old 11th November 2009
Gear Nut

I'm using a Aurora 16. If that was indeed your question. Did you ever modify anything on yours? What console do you have now?
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

Nothing at the moment.... but always on the look out

Main issue is having space to put something like a console. i've missed out on some killer deals over the last 3 years simply because of this. Hopefully this will change next year or so. But Im sure you can appreciate that a studio in London is a major undertaking and a very COSTLY one, especially if I was to kinda do it the way I would want and always have dreamed of. Also there is a time factor of which i don't seem to have much of these days compared to what I used to have.

Pls throw up some mixes and let us know what you think.

Wiggy
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

I'm in the middle of getting my 110 up and running. this is inspiring. mine is in damn good shape but I just have no power supply.

does anybody have a schematic so I can explore building one?

...and can anybody confirm the power supply for a 110 (which is a ps30) specs as follows: +15,+18,&+24 volt supplies at around 7 to 10 amps, and also +48 to run the phantom at about 2 amps.

thanks in any case!

oto
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Nut

Lightner electronic would be a good place to ask that question. They might even be able to sell you a power supply. I have 2 PS30 that go with my console and one of them is blowing fuses so I'm going to send it into lightner to get it fixed.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

yep, am already in touch with them (and acopian). they don't have any stock left but they offered to build one which is a bit pricey. acopian can build one but the pricing was off the hook (though I know these are supposed to be great).

I'm not 100% the board will even power up so I'm hesitant to drop serious change on a psu. I might try and put one together if I can score a schematic (which I asked them for as well).

thanks, keep us updated as the board comes alive!

oto
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

dang, they want $100 for the manual. seems a bit pricey. if anybody has a 110 manual I'd be willing to pay for a copy.

so funny. I decided to randomly call a repair shop around the corner from me and they just so happened to have a power supply for the board! they had a bunch of parts too which they let me take, which was super cool.

the only thing is, so the shop claims, the psu is working but they can't test it as it needs to be plugged into the board to actually power up. and I don't have the molex connector for the psu to board. ugghh!

can anybody confirm this (regarding powering up)?

also, there seems to be a lot of different molex connectors on the market. does anybody have the exact model number for the psu molex connector (seems to be male to male, 5x3 - 15 total pins) and for the ins/outs (looks like 4x3).

thanks.

oto
Old 25th November 2009
Lives for gear

got the psu hooked up and it seems to power the board up. only thing is I have to physically hold the power button down.

we have the pinout configuration for the console and psu but can't seem to figure this part out.

anybody know what this might be?

thanks!

oto
Old 25th November 2009
Lives for gear

remote switch jumper!
Old 2nd February 2010
Here for the gear

Auditronics 532

Hey there

I just bought an Auditronics 532 and I am trying to resurrect the power supply. My tech is awesome and we are finding that something is pulling more current than it should be and keeps blowing out a capacitor in the Power supply. BTW the power supply wont stay on until it is hooked up to the console.
Attached Thumbnails
Auditronics 710 console?-photo-3498.jpg  
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

The power supplies will stay on while not attached to the board, but you must jumper them. This is essential, to ensure they are outputting the correct voltage before hooking it up to the electronics in the board.

I do no remember which pins need to be jumpered offhand but i can look it up in the manual if anyone needs this info. I just recently restored an auditronics 710 console, so if anyone has any questions about these beautiful beats shoot me an email.
Old 23rd April 2010
Here for the gear

Buffalo poop

Funny you should say that. I worked for him for about 3 years and based on the raises I barely got, you are absolutely right!!! Anyone know if he and Welton are still among us? I have heard much since I left Auditronics in 1992.

"Steve knew how to squeeze the buffalo **** out of a nickle."
Old 25th January 2018
Here for the gear

Auditronics 6010?

Does anyone have any info on a 6010 module?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search