The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A "Pro/Quality" Mix along the lines of Sterling "after hours"...
Old 16th September 2005
Gear Addict

A "Pro/Quality" Hip Hop/Rap Mix along the lines of Sterling "after hours"...

Can anyone recommend a good pro quality mix engineer/facility that has a package along the lines of Sterling Sounds "after hours" deal? i.e. something affordable for someone without a major league budget. I'm looking for someone familiar with mixing "commercial" Hip Hop/Rap.

If nothing along the lines of sterling after hours, can anyone suggest a good M.E. with decent rates for unsigned acts?

Time frame would be Dec-Jan time frame (either before or after the holidays).

Thanks,

G

Last edited by Liam Judah; 17th September 2005 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: change title and some content
Old 18th September 2005
Gear Addict

anyone?
Old 18th September 2005
One with big hooves

I haven't seen or heard of any mix engineers working like that. Generally interns can get free or reduced price after-hours access to studios but I don't think you'd want one of 'em to mix your record! There are a lot of mix engineers out there with indie rates, but most of 'em (like myself) have a private room to work out of.

Brad Blackwood at Euphonic Masters is great, really just excellent. My mixes always come back sounding like what I sent him rather then being totally reinvented with 8000 pounds of processing. I don't know if he does a lot of hip-hop but it's worth an inquiry.
Old 18th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Kahrs

Brad Blackwood at Euphonic Masters is great, really just excellent. My mixes always come back sounding like what I sent him rather then being totally reinvented with 8000 pounds of processing. I don't know if he does a lot of hip-hop but it's worth an inquiry.
Yes Brad is an amazing mastering engineer. But I think he was referring to a mix engineer.

Here´s the thing. With ¨after hours ¨ it´s not really the big guys who do the work I suppose. So why not just send the stuff to someone who is stablished has mixed many indie records but doesn´t have a big name. Theres many many talented people who have not had the luck to mix an album that went platinum, but may be as good as the big names. GS is full of those.
Old 20th September 2005
Gear Addict

Thanks for the reply guys. Got the messages too... be in touch soon.

Take care,

G

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search