The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anybody Know Who Does V72 Work? Condenser Microphones
Old 21st September 2009
Lives for gear

Anybody Know Who Does V72 Work?

Good day Gentlemen, ,,deda,, here with a question on V72's. The main question is does anybody know anyone who works on them?

1. Is there a tune up out there for these V72's to get them to spec?
2. Does anybody know of anyone that does this in the States?

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue, regards ,,deda,,
Old 21st September 2009
does the guy need to be in the states`?

pm me if not.
Old 21st September 2009
Lives for gear

Andy at anologdomain.com in AZ does great work. He has done a pair for me along with some Ampex 350's and some Neumann W495 modules. He is very good.

Jeff
Old 21st September 2009
Lives for gear

Oliver Archut at Tab-Funkenwerk.

A bit on the gruff side, but does great work. heh Give him a call and see what the waiting list is like.

Vintage Audio Equipment for the Modern Studio

Cheers.

Old 21st September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
does the guy need to be in the states`?

pm me if not.
hey George
do you know someone in the EU? 'cause i need service over here as well.

cheers
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Planet View Post

A bit on the gruff side, but does great work. heh Give him a call and see what the waiting list is like.

Cheers.

Thanks for the lead but there's a statement on the vintage gear page that states they are not taking any new business. This sucks because he is the bees knees on these modules. It's weird no one in Geekslutz knows anyone that will work on them. If they can do it in Europe they can damn sure do it here and it would be a sole source niche, I work on V72's and it costs a little more. Hell there all over America in studios, who works on theirs?

I guess I'll have to keep looking stateside and pursue George's guy in Europe, they would go on a trip for months but when back home they will be able to tell their story, mercy I love V72's.

Regards ,,deda,,
Old 22nd September 2009
Old 22nd September 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Planet View Post

Cheers.

Oliver is the only person I'd hire for that sort of work.

Gruff? Nah. Anytime I've chatted with him, he's been a hell of a nice guy.

Waiting list is probably long, but the end result would be more than worth it.
Old 22nd September 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deda View Post
Thanks for the lead but there's a statement on the vintage gear page that states they are not taking any new business.
****. Didn't see that on his page.

That'd be too bad.

If I were you, I'd give him a call anyway. Can't hurt to try.
Old 24th September 2009
Lives for gear

Oliver is too busy for repair work

I absolutely love Oliver Archut, and he has done great work for me repairing my Telefunken V376 mic pres and he built me a really cool rack/side car full of Filtek MK3 eq modules that I got from ZDF. But he is just WAY too busy to recommend for any kind of new repair work. I have been waiting at least 5 years now for him to finish working on a pair of Telefunken U373a compressors that I sent him before he moved to Kansas and they are still not done. If you go to his website and you look at the photos of his impressive facility, a converted school in Gaylord, Kansas (with all the vintage transformer making equipment) one thing you will NOT see in any of the photos is ANYONE else working there because I don't think there is anyone else working there except Oliver. Again, I love and respect him, but don't send him any more work until he finishes my U373a modules! I dream about putting those to good use some day before I die.

I will check out Andy at analogdomain.com and I would love any suggestions about other people in the U.S. who can work on vintage German broadcast modules. I have a ton of broken ones (V376, Siemens U273b, Telefunken W695, W696, Filtek MK 3 and Mk5 modules) that need repair and I would love to know how I can get that done.

J. Mike Perkins
Old 24th September 2009
Old 24th September 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktomec View Post
+1
decided to send my V676a to them, not cheap, but they know what they're doing..
Old 24th September 2009
Gear Guru

....only in London. But he's damned fine. Should you not find anyone else, you're welcome to pm me.
Old 24th September 2009
Lives for gear

Oliver Archut (Kansas), Ken McKim (NJ), Chip Verspyk (NY)... let me know if you need contact info...
Old 13th June 2018
UGP
Gear Nut

Bumping an old thread... Any recommendations for great techs that work on V72’s in the SoCal area?
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGP View Post
Bumping an old thread... Any recommendations for great techs that work on V72’s in the SoCal area?
He’s in San Fran area, but I’ll throw out there that Oliver Archut told me that if he was ever unavailable to tech them, that James Gangwer is very good. (He mentioned another name too, that I’m just not recalling at the moment.)

James Gangwer Homepage

I can think of a couple other qualified guys, but no one closer that has this as a specific area of expertise.
Old 13th June 2018
UGP
Gear Nut

Thanks! Please do list other techs (regardless of area). This topic hasn’t been discussed in a while.
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear

John Monforte in South Florida (my first recourse because of location), and Eddie Cilletti in Minnesota, can be used with confidence. Both highly skilled and down to earth.
Old 13th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGP View Post
Dave Marquette from Mercury equipment.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search