The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
V72 by who? Single-Channel Preamps
Old 30th August 2009
Lives for gear

V72 by who?

Anyone know the manufacture of this V72. I've had the racked pair for 7 years of sweetness but I have never seen this logo, the protruding light and the V72 printed on a metal tag that's held on with brads. There maybe something inside but I've never opened them, I leave well enough alone.

I know many made this module for Telefunken but all I've ever seen look like clones, right by the spec, same module, different maker and usually a name. Not so on these just the logo that someone might recognize and the protruding light.

Just curious, thanks in advance, regards ,,deda,,
Attached Thumbnails
V72 by who?-v72-module..jpg  
Old 2nd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deda View Post
Anyone know the manufacture of this V72. I've had the racked pair for 7 years of sweetness but I have never seen this logo, the protruding light and the V72 printed on a metal tag that's held on with brads. There maybe something inside but I've never opened them, I leave well enough alone.

I know many made this module for Telefunken but all I've ever seen look like clones, right by the spec, same module, different maker and usually a name. Not so on these just the logo that someone might recognize and the protruding light.

Just curious, thanks in advance, regards ,,deda,,

Thank you guys for all your views and I can see why no responses, no one's ever seen one, I may have the only pair.

BUT with the help of the Geekslutz forum guys I'm VERY Happy to say, "Case is Closed". They are early Telefunken made V72's, all the features listed are mods by some very capable engineer or DYI guy, an "eccentric capable engineer or DYI guy".

I felt that some of the curious members needed to know the answer to my question.

Link to Geekslut thread:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/4534896-post18.html

Thanks again, regards ,,deda,,
Old 22nd December 2017
Here for the gear

Hi. So sorry to raise the dead on my first post. The logo is Fernseh GMBH. They produced Video equipment in the Danner format. A missing V72 faceplate was most likely replaced with this. They made mostly video but some audio. I have yet to find a tube pre version of this brand. Just germanium transistors transformer units used for god knows what UHF video purposes. Great for parts but have yet to find the holy grail of unknown Fernseh audio modules. I'm repurposing a pair of HC 15 VE B modules and hope to come up with something cool. I will start a mystery Danner thread to show my progress and investigatory progress.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search