The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chris Rea rec details
Old 26th August 2009
Gear Maniac

Chris Rea rec details

Hi there!
Does anybody know stories about the classic recordings made by chris rea? I only found some information on recording "espresso logic" which I would consider a rather lesser interesting album...
What about the years between "Watersign" and "Auberge"?
Where was "On the beach" recorded and how (mics, desks, tape)? Are there photos anywhere??
Please help, as I'm stuck in my research...
Old 26th August 2009
Lives for gear
Yes let's hear it. Awesome vocal recording imho
Old 26th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo View Post
Yes let's hear it. Awesome vocal recording imho
of a terrible voice imho.
Old 27th August 2009
Gear Addict
wish I could help you with your research. don't know but to say try wikipedia.

love shine shine shine and drivin home for Christmas.
2 of my all time favs.
Old 27th August 2009
I know that some of those records were done at the Mill by Gus Gudgeon. MCI console and tape machines
Old 17th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Ok, let's revive this.
I'm listening to "On the beach" right now on my new highend vinyl player.
What a wonderful record, still after all those years!
The sleeve states "recorded at Anderburr Recording Studios (Bray)".
I can't find anything on "Anderburr" with Google. "Bray" seems to be a place near Windsor, GB, where they shot important parts of many classic horror movies (Frankenstein, Dracula, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Alien, just to name a view). They also had sound studios there. Was this really the place, where they played "On the beach"?
Anybody konw of any details bout consoles used? Any pics from the 80ies ("On the beach": 1986)? I simply can't find any information about music recording there. Anybody knows Stuart Eals or Kevin Leach or Max Middleton? Those guys seemed to be involved in making this record quite a lot...
I found out, that the whole place was torn down some years ago (what a shame!), to make exclusive private realestates there.
Old 18th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-hiho View Post
Ok, let's revive this.
I'm listening to "On the beach" right now on my new highend vinyl player.
What a wonderful record, still after all those years!
The sleeve states "recorded at Anderburr Recording Studios (Bray)".
I can't find anything on "Anderburr" with Google. "Bray" seems to be a place near Windsor, GB, where they shot important parts of many classic horror movies (Frankenstein, Dracula, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Alien, just to name a view). They also had sound studios there. Was this really the place, where they played "On the beach"?
Anybody konw of any details bout consoles used? Any pics from the 80ies ("On the beach": 1986)? I simply can't find any information about music recording there. Anybody knows Stuart Eals or Kevin Leach or Max Middleton? Those guys seemed to be involved in making this record quite a lot...
I found out, that the whole place was torn down some years ago (what a shame!), to make exclusive private realestates there.
Chris Rea used to have a private studio...I think it was in Cookham, near Maidenhead/Windsor/Marlow, and yes called The Mill.

Knocked on the door once for a job...I think it would have been Rea I spoke to on the intercom, but didn’t get any further than that!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search