The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone using a M3PH MKII with their HD rig? Patchbays
Old 19th August 2009
Gear Maniac

Anyone using a M3PH MKII with their HD rig?

I just picked up a Coleman Audio M3PH MKII to control my monitors for my small HD rig I'm putting together.

Will go from a Digi 192 to the M3PH MKII then out to my monitors. Anyone use a similar setup with successful results? Would love to hear about it!
Old 19th August 2009
Gear Head

I've been using the Coleman M3PH mkII in a similar way but with a Lynx Aurora 16. It's a great controller and very transparent. I think it also has a great headphone out. The only reason I sold mine is because I've been using the SSL X-Desk for the past month and no longer needed it.
Old 19th August 2009
Gear Maniac

Cool, good to hear. How is that X-desk? It looked pretty good, minus the pricetag.
Old 20th August 2009
Gear Maniac

Anyone else have any experience using a similar setup?
Old 20th August 2009
Lives for gear

i use the M3PH mkII.
there is lots to like on that unit, firstly the sound.
it's as transparent as can be.

but beware: there is no talk-back built in and if you want to add a sub you might need the LS3 passive switcher. besides that the headphone out sucks (using with AKG K701). since this unit is a rack unit you have to decide if that's what you are looking for. i wish coleman would make a passive "big knob" kind of a unit ....
Old 20th August 2009
Gear Maniac

I don't have the MkII version but I'm using the original with PTHD and have zero complaints. Good stuff.

That said, I wish it allowed me to sum multiple inputs and I wish it had a dedicated output for meters. Neither effect it's quality or ability to control my monitors.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search