The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UA LA-610 original vs MK II Single-Channel Preamps
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

UA LA-610 original vs MK II

Well? I'm not sure what improvements the Mk II is supposed to offer, apart from a new splash of paint on the front panel.

Love the 2-610 I already own, but can anyone offer an A/B of the various LA-610s offered over time? I rented the Mk II last week for a project and the results were very pleasing, but if there is a variation of the LA-610 that is considered 'the benchmark' i'd like to know before I part with my cash.
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

There's qute a few variations of the 610 and three of the LA-610 alone. I don't have time to type it all out again right now but I've listed them in a couple GS threads before. You might be able to search them.
The best I've been able to put together (based on feedback from many people) is that the MKII is slightly brighter than the MKI. I would not say that anyone has reported any sonic improvements (in fact, some people prefer the older, discontinued M610 and 2-610 with the 6072 outputs) but I don't think that any of the 610s are bad and you should be able to get a great sound from any of them. I do notice that used LA-610 MKIs are very cheap so, if you don't need the ability to bypass the comp, it's not a bad way to go.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search