The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How Many Are Still Using Mixing Consoles?
Old 11th October 2013
Gear Nut

Amek Hendrix
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

OTB all the time. Raindirk LN2. We record bands. Not a real need for recall. When its done, its done. We keep at it until it sounds great.

Unreal Studio

Alex.
Old 21st October 2013
Console!

Trident 80 - modified preamps - modified center section by Mr Steve Firlotte of Inward Connections....wide and deep...it sounded real good when I first installed it (95), but the board took a huge step up when we added the mod(2000)...still very happy about that....I work on mostly acoustic stuff, organic style...

I hear it if I sum just a few tracks in PT...sounds annoying and small...just my $0.02....ymmv....

Last edited by Grandma; 19th November 2013 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: Late night....:)
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

We are still using the crap out of our 96 channel Neve VSP Legend Scoring console, (with 48:8 channel cue mixer on the end). At this very moment scoring a 50 piece orchestra for "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

This workflow really still necessitates and analog desk. Bigger the better.

Greg
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

For the last 3years I have mixed only on a desk. I went all analog in the last 2 years (multitrack and 2trk) and the desk is a must.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search