The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tube gear modification ..... Who does it? Studio Headphones
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Tube gear modification ..... Who does it?

Hi, thanks for reading. I was looking for recommendations on who does tube compressor modification. I have a vintage limpander that I love for what it does. However, I would like to clean it up to expand its versatility. I would love to be able to use it for leveling off a vocal, as it can take off 30 db without you knowing it. But it gets dirty, which if you have one of those metal singers who is not quite angry enough, is a Godsend. But I would give that up to use it more often. Any recommendations would be great, thanks. Charles
Old 5th August 2009
member no 666

For what it would cost to modify the unit you can get an InnerTUBE "Atomic Squeezebox" and be a very happy engineer.

Peace.
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Have you ever seen inside a Limpander? There is not much in there. For a great EE, they could figure this out in their sleep. Now, I have heard many great things about the Squeezbox. However I have a ton of other high end comps, and for $3500..... I do not think it would cost that much to rework the design. How about the name of a good EE who does tube comp mods.
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Ask Jim Williams from audio upgrades, if he cant do it, im sure he'll tell recommend someone who does
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Mick Hinton, an ex-decca design engineer can work on *anything*

(one member here flew over to England and had him work on a pair of M50 microphones)

... hed be my guy...

[email protected]

[email protected]
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

bump
Old 6th August 2009
Lives for gear

bump
Old 6th August 2009
Matt Wells.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search