The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Allaire Studios decommisioned? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear Guru

Allaire Studios decommissioned?

Any folks out there know if Allaire is still working in any capacity or is it another great studio RIP?
Old 23rd July 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Any folks out there know if Allaire is still working in any capacity or is it another great studio RIP?
They've been gone for over a year.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Guru

Figured as much.Thanks Tony.
so all the gear everything is gone?
Old 23rd July 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Figured as much.Thanks Tony.
so all the gear everything is gone?
I don't know about the gear.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Nut

I may have misunderstood this, but Last i heard, they were still operational in the sense that the facility is still in tact, but they no longer maintain a staff. Bring your own crew kind of thing these days. I don't know this first hand, it's just what i hear being in the area.

Jeremy
Old 23rd July 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy - DVC View Post
I may have misunderstood this, but Last i heard, they were still operational in the sense that the facility is still in tact, but they no longer maintain a staff. Bring your own crew kind of thing these days. I don't know this first hand, it's just what i hear being in the area.

Jeremy
That would be good news.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy - DVC View Post

Jeremy
Interesting.
the no staff thing would worry me regarding gear teching/upkeep.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Maniac

Who owns that house, that place is amazing.. an incredible place to record.

Jason
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Addict

I thought I read something about the owner starting something new in LA and he was taking the equipment.

I've been there, used to live 5 miles from Allaire. I couldn't believe the guitar and keyboard selection.

Jeremy, where do you live in the Hudson Valley?
Old 23rd July 2009
PDC
Lives for gear

What a drag. The last Rush album was actually the first that I have enjoyed in many years. It kind of freaks me out to know that so many great rooms with great gear and people are going away.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
where do you live in the Hudson Valley?
I'm Between Kingston and New Paltz. In your neighborhood?

The Piano tech that works on our piano was the main tech that Allaire use/used. Next time I see him I'll ask if he still works there on occasion?... Hopefully (for the sake of this thread) by then, an authority on the subject will have chimed in, and lifted the veil of uncertainty.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwnc View Post
Who owns that house, that place is amazing.. an incredible place to record.

Jason
Yeah a beautiful,truly inspiring space.
not much good w/ out any gear though.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Addict

One of the last things to be recorded at Allaire was the Toontrack Superior sample library...

Think they did that around the same time they sampled at Hit Factory; where they actually kept sampling right up tunil the point where the construction workers literally started tearing down the walls...

Mrten
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Addict

Always google....

Their myspace page says they are closed...maybe you could message the owner(s) through that avenue.

Depressing!

Rob
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Nut

I heard recently that yes there are still "sessions" there assuming you have an in with them but it is absolutely closed for traditional commercial business. I also heard its up for sale, and that it can't be used as a recording studio in the future (as per the deed or something to that effect). Not exactly sure, as I heard this from a musician that knew someone over there so who knows.
Old 23rd July 2009
Lives for gear

Neve is supposedly gone?

Someone was at my place this past week that said, "Randall" has taken the Monseratt Neve to his house in LA..

Place has been for sale for quite awhile?
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Maniac

very sad ... that was a great, great room to work in.
Old 24th July 2009
Gear Addict

Jeremy,

I used to live in Kingston by trhe traffic circle. I live in the Capital District now. We should get together some time in the future.
Old 24th July 2009
Lives for gear

i was doing a one of the last records at bearsville and decided to check out allaire.
that was incredible.
i loved going up the catwalk and popping out onto that little balcony in the great hall.
you were above the treeline.
it was primordial.
in the distantce you could see a church steeple otherwise it was nothing but trees, birds and peace.
i drove off in silence.
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobtwiddler View Post
Someone was at my place this past week that said, "Randall" has taken the Monseratt Neve to his house in LA..

Place has been for sale for quite awhile?
Actually the console was sold to a toy company owner in Canada... where it has not been set back up yet. That was only a half million dollar loss for Randall... a shame as Ken did such a great job restoring that thing. He lost way more with the SSL9K that the Neve replaced.

I'd just love to have the money that the studio lost in the time it existed... I could live the rest of my life on that alone!

Great place, bad timing and wrong reason for building it in the first place... one very expensive "lesson" in studio ownership!
Old 5th February 2013
Quote:
Thank you very much for the video link !!
Cool.......

R.
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

Nice One !
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

i got a pre 1.1 tech21 sansamp that has a Glen Tonche Studios sticker on the rear

aw the history of this unit
Old 18th April 2013
Gear Nut

Allaire Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel View Post
i got a pre 1.1 tech21 sansamp that has a Glen Tonche Studios sticker on the rear

aw the history of this unit
I bought the pair of KRK Exposé E7 that were that used to live on the meter bridge of the Neve and on the Focusrite. Still has a Glen Tonche Studio sticker with code bar as well. If they could speak...
jf
Old 19th April 2013
Gear Maniac

thats a great place to record. it had great vibe and scenery !
Old 18th September 2015
bee
Lives for gear

Anyone know what happened to the purple SSL 9K? Such a bummer that place closed up shop, it was a total dream studio.
Old 25th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess someone took the video down… its not working. Another beautiful studio lost to technology… its a double edged sword.
Old 22nd September 2017
Here for the gear

Allaire isn't closed - i'm the owner, i turned it from a house into a studio in 1999 so i should know. grizzly bear did their last three records here - including the
latest one - painted ruins. medeski, martin and wood are here right now recording. my ex-employees might want people to think Allaire is closed because they
aren't here but that simply is not true. However we no longer have a mixing board - it's energy draw was like keeping three $$$ toasters on 24/7 and using A/C
in winter - not even vaguely climate change friendly - and so everyone brings their portable boards in and seems happy. this place is more about the unbeatable
view, the vibe and the unusual rare instruments like the double bay Buchla 100 and the Chamberlin Riviera (one of 2 made). -Randall 9/22/17
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Awesome to know.
I was there for a visit while camped out with the vines at the bearsville barn (RIP) 2004 ish.
Loved the vibe.
the cat walk in the great room poppin out that little door and being above the tree line was primordial....
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search