The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
BSS DPR 901 or need another mic?
Old 6th July 2009
Gear Maniac

BSS DPR 901 or need another mic?

Hi everyone,
I'm doing a lot of live mixing and since a few months the band I'm mixing changed from male lead voc to female lead vocal. Now I have a lot of trouble getting the singer's vocal out without making it thin. All of my colleague mixers use BSS DPR 901 but I have always refused using this just for the sake of it. Now I think I could really use it but wanted to know if there are people out ther thate are using other multibands or maybe other mics they find working better for female vocals instead of the 901?
Thank you.
Old 6th July 2009
pmx
Gear Addict

there's a reason that a lot of live engineers use 901's, it's because it works like a charm and tackles a lot of common problems (esses, prox eff). it's not a multiband, but a dyn eq: quite a difference imo. you could always rent one and try it: it's really easy to dial in but you can dig quite deep too if you want to. just try it and see if it floats your boat.
Old 6th July 2009
Gear Maniac

I never use anything because a lot of engineers use it, I even think that a lot of engineers use even if they actually don't need it.. It is not because it works on anything that you shóuld use it. Maybe I'll change my mind if I have used one.. And even more: the more people owning and using some type of gear, the more I wish I DON'T need it.. :D

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search