The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
pro headphone amp multi cue system recommendation
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear
pro headphone amp multi cue system recommendation

Hi I`m currently looking for a headphone amp with 6 or more headphone outputs. Also I need 3 different cue mixes distributet to either of the headphone outs. Also there are long cable runs from the control room to the studio so I need balanced inputs. Does any multi cue headphone amp with balanced ins really excist? or do I have to buy an aviom or hear system for this purpose? thanks
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear

get the hear stuff- it's great
Old 17th June 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by balanceman View Post
get the hear stuff- it's great
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear

the hear back is great because its cheaper, and has adat optical included in the base model (converters are decent, but to inject an analog feed you have to go to the remote, this feature blows BTW. not being able to use, say 4 digi and 4 analog sucks its all analog or all digi, period). that said, its a great system for a small HD rig where you have spare adat out not being used!

The aviom is a better system, more inputs, better options ,better distribution amp, better sounding HP amp,having presets is awesome and also the option having the rack unit for CR monitoring purposes is key.

I'd go with the Aviom.
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear

Another very satisfied Hearback user here.

Brad
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear
I have the Hear three years.......excellent.
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Furman HDS-16, HRM-16
Old 18th June 2009
Gear Nut

probably not the best response for the "high end" forum .. BUT

I've been able to keep most everybody happy with an HP60 ( preSonus )
In my experience the phones themselves move the happiness needle more than the thing driving them ( within limits naturally )
So for now, i am going to spend the money on something other than a head amp upgrade.

If i build a new room , I will be taking a hard look at the Hear Tech gear, looks great on paper and gets good reviews.
Old 18th June 2009
Gear Guru

RANE do a nice 6-way headphone amp.
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Of all companies (not high end) SM Pro makes a six channel 1 rack space headphone amp with the features you listed, separate mixes/inputs, and they claim class A circuitry. They made an older one with a similar model number that you see for around $100 that is a different beast, you want to look at the NEW HP6E model for around $250. I've asked if anyone has ever used one but got no responses so if someone has tried the new SM Pro headphone amp let us know how good-bad it is? On paper it looks like a winner but who knows, for $250 it might be worth taking a chance on it. Here is a link to their webpage about it.

SM Pro Audio: HP6E - Enhanced 6 Channel Headphone Amp

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search