The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Good place to buy Mogami cables in LA?
Old 11th August 2005
Here for the gear

Good place to buy Mogami cables in LA?

I'm looking to buy some Mogami cable for my home studio. Can anyone recommend a couple of places in the Los Angeles area with good prices?

Thanks,
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
I'm looking to buy some Mogami cable for my home studio. Can anyone recommend a couple of places in the Los Angeles area with good prices?

Thanks,
!!! Good question. I wish I knew.

//wants some Mogami action.
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

Don't know if you need bulk or pre-made.

For pre-made try Electronic City in Burbank. (818) 842-5275

They have Mogami and/or Canare. Call ahead since they seem to flip flop between the 2 brands. They'll make up whatever you need if they don't have it.

They might sell you bulk cable but I don't know since all I ever got from them was pre-made.

g
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

pacific radio (burbank or hollywood) or electronic city in burbank...

mckay
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Pacific Radio is cool, and a bit cheaper than Electronic City.
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfjis
Pacific Radio is cool, and a bit cheaper than Electronic City.
I vowed to never buy from Pacific Radio ever again after they wouldn't let me return something after I realized while still standing at the counter having not even left the store , that I had mistakenly purchased an item. The guy had literally put my money in the drawer 2 seconds before but wouldn't give me a refund. All sales are final ya know. So I ate it and have never returned. They might be cheaper but God forbid you grab TS cables instead of TRS or buy 6 when you only needed 5 of something.

g
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharp
I vowed to never buy from Pacific Radio ever again after they wouldn't let me return something after I realized while still standing at the counter having not even left the store , that I had mistakenly purchased an item. The guy had literally put my money in the drawer 2 seconds before but wouldn't give me a refund. All sales are final ya know. So I ate it and have never returned. They might be cheaper but God forbid you grab TS cables instead of TRS or buy 6 when you only needed 5 of something.

g
Ouch.
That is really lame.... sorry to hear that.
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Guru

Yeah ..the 'tude at pacific radio sucks absolute big.
but I still end up going there to buy cable in bulk..it's close and stuff is usually in stock.
I've been making my own cables for years..kinda like knitting ..sort of zen like ..relaxing..
of course ...when time permits
otherwise a good assistant with soldering skills is just dandy.
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Electronic City's got Mogami cables. I was just there a few days ago to pick some up. You might also want to try Project One or West LA Music.
Old 11th August 2005
It's already been said before.. Genereally Pac radio is cheaper but if you talk to Brian over at electronic city tell him Tim sent ya and he'll cut a pretty good deal and for the most part will match Pac radio.. Yea it kinda suck with the no return policy (pac radio) but if you talk to Doug he'll sometimes help.. He actually hooked me up
Tim
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Head

i've always gone to pacific radio myself.
that "no return" story is a tad disturbing though.

i'll check out electronic city...and you can also buy bare cable/connectors at location sound.

if you want the preassembled mogami cable you can pick it up from marshall electronics's warehouse.

i don' t know about that west la music recommendation though...one time i was there the salesman was peddling his monster cable asking me if i "wanted to know how the monster system worked and why it was superior to everything else..." ...uhh, no thanks. afaik they don't have mogami/canare/belden/etc.
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

Marshall in El Segundo - great price, no 'tude

Marshall Electronics, Inc.
1910 E. Maple Ave.
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310)333-0606 or 1-800-800-6608
Fax: (310)333-0688
E-mail: [email protected]

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search