The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pendulum Quartet users
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Pendulum Quartet users

Two things................
1. Have you tried using an adapter and plugging mics into the line input like they suggest in the manual?
2. Any favorite compreesor settings for vocals. ...I mean between the fast, average, vintage and manual choices?
Old 10th August 2005
member no 666

I guess I've never read the manual... but I never heard of the adapter thing you're talking about... must be time to R.T.F.M.

On the compressor... my usually starting point is "vintage" from there I usually go to "manual" but sometimes I'll try some of the other presets.
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Thanks Fletcher,
In Russ Long's PAR review he said he tried the adapter thing.......with a good result. I guess that's why they made the transformer switchable in th Q2.
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by snedley
Two things................
1. Have you tried using an adapter and plugging mics into the line input like they suggest in the manual?
I have on the Quartet II, and I liked it. Just run a non-phantom powered mic (or use external P48, tube mic, etc.). As mentioned, this bypasses the input transformer.

Re the switchable transformer on the QII -- that doesn't take them out of circuit, only switches between the two types. On the QII you can also route the output direct, bypassing the output transformer. Original Quartet doesn't have an output xfmr. Direct In and Out was actually about my favorite tone from it as a mic pre, for the sound I wanted.

Steve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search