The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
QUICK, SOMEONE LOAN 250G'S
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Addict

QUICK, SOMEONE LOAN 250G'S

There's only 15 hours left

Not that I"m going to buy this, but is it really worth it at this price. I'm thinking not, but I don't know much about this piece.
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Guru

you know more than any of us- you forgot to post a link
Old 9th August 2005
I'm guessing it's the Daniel Lanois Neve Console on eBay?????
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq
you know more than any of us- you forgot to post a link

DOH!?!? Yep, thats the one. The Neve console.
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Head

ill loan it!!! do you accept monopoly money?
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Wonder why he's selling? Those consoles don't exactly grow on trees.

Wonder what he's moved on to?
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeslutz
ill loan it!!! do you accept monopoly money?
Only if Fenny is the seller
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by enharmonic
Wonder why he's selling? Those consoles don't exactly grow on trees.

Wonder what he's moved on to?
Not owning a room.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

That board has been for sale for a while. He most likely has moved on already. Someone give it a home!
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

I just told the kids at Allaire about it and they sounded very interested... They've been talking about replacing the 9000J in the Great Hall with something like a vintage Neve and this seems like it would be an awesome fit! I really hope they get it! (so I can drool on it..... heh )
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Part of me wouldn't want to know if he's moved on to an Icon.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I would seriously doubt that....
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
It's a really difficult decision in todays market. With so much amazing outboard being manufactured do you pick up a pile of cool rackmount pre's and somethhing like an Icon or stick with the Neve ?
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

well at one time I'm sure 250 grand would just about be Daniels producer fee for a full album....I remember when Don Was was about 20 grand a track when he was considered for the Band project i was associated with at the time...that would have worked out to about 250 for the whole album as well....thats curious about Allaire's interest... I would think dumping the ssl would put a serious dent in any mix biz they might have....at any rate Bearsville had a great 8068 one of the great consoles of all time....it certainly should go to a good home....maybe Lenny kravitz will wind up with it...he's got everything else..

cheers

SP
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott petito
thats curious about Allaire's interest... I would think dumping the ssl would put a serious dent in any mix biz they might have....at any rate Bearsville had a great 8068 one of the great consoles of all time
That's what I thought too, but their thought is that the Great Hall studio has such amazing rooms they would get much more tracking work with another Neve... Right now they have 18 racked channels of 1081s in the SSL room to track through but that's really not enough.

They already have a 32 channel 8068 in their Neve room and that gets allot of use for tracking.... I was joking with the studios tech, Ken McKim, that he just wants another nice old Neve to insure job security! It seems the tracking work is the most steady for them so I think they want to start to specialize.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what pans out....
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

That console was for sale a couple of years ago on eBay, and I believe for less money. I believe Daniel was the one selling it back then but the current owner is not Daniel. I'm only guessing. If I really gave a ****, I could find out for sure.

I've considered perhaps moving to an 8068 at some point, but given the inherent maintenance hassles, part of me is tempted to have Geoffrey Daking make me a custom console instead. It would cost less, but it won't appreciate in value the same way the 8068 would.

But I suppose I would need back end on a hit record first. LOL. That would be different than getting it in the rear end, like on the last couple hit records I worked on. The producer got the gold mine, and I got the shaft.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search