The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
any good mixing dvd's or books?
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

any good mixing dvd's or books?

i'm wondering if there are any good, more advanced books on mixing...i'm specifically interested in learning more about EQ and the process that the "pro's" go through when EQ'ing their mixes...if anyone knows of any recommendable dvd's, or even books that would be great.

thanks.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

the Waves DVD set was nice. it came with a book and DAW session files. So not only do you read about it, you got to hear the difference for yourself. I thinkit was 5 different styles of music. The R&B song was real hot. it even has the Mastered audio files too.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

I have the Waves book as well and have found it to be of some use, but you will have to have a pretty powerful computer (at least 1g of RAM) to run the LE sessions. The writeups in the book for each mix leave a bit to be desired, however, and do not tell you much of anything about how the source files were recorded. In short, I was hoping for a solid mix template that I could apply to my music, but what you get is really just a behind the scenes peek at a commercial mix that may be of limited applicability to any other material. Still probably the best thing out there...
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

Both Bob Katz's and Alan Kefauver's books are excellent. Neither deal specifically with mixing, but Kefauver's will give you a in-depth understanding of audio and Katz's book can be applied to all aspects of audio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search