The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
apogee mini DAC?Benchmark DAC1?with ATC
Old 3rd August 2005
Here for the gear

apogee mini DAC?Benchmark DAC1?with ATC

I want have a DAC to connect ATC power monitors, whick one is fit the atc,apogee min dac?or benchmark dac1?
Old 3rd August 2005
Lives for gear

as a three piece playback system...it would be hard to beat the DAC-1 and a pair of active monitors. Tha dac-1 has the ability to drive the XLR inputs directly.(.we recently supplied similar system to Trent Reznor using the Genelec 8040's)
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Head

I agree with Mike Harris, trhe Benchmark is hard to beat. I use one with an Arcam transport for room tuning projects, and you should know that Doug Sax uses DAC 1's to drive his ATC monitots in his new 5.1 mastering room in Ojai

Mike Chafee
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Head

Hi,

I'm using the Apogee mini-dac with my ATC 100's for tracking and mixing. The only bad thing I can say is that the output of the Apogee is a bit too hot even with the trim pots at their lowest and the ATC sensitivity at its lowest.

I plan to buy the DAC 1 because I've read so many rave reviews here on GS and do a comparison with the Apogee using a Coleman switcher. I hope to be blown away!

Cheers.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear
Studio 2,

I know you're in Ireland somewhere. If you ever want to hear my DAC-1 let me know, I'm in Kerry. I use it with ADAM S3As. Might save you having to buy one - or maybe the opposite heh

cheers,
Ruairi
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Cheers Ruairi I might take you up on that some time.
Old 6th August 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUDIO2
Cheers Ruairi I might take you up on that some time.
which one is sound better?
Old 6th August 2005
Gear Addict

Mini-DAC is more accurate IMO.
Old 6th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUDIO2

I plan to buy the DAC 1 because I've read so many rave reviews here on GS and do a comparison with the Apogee using a Coleman switcher. I hope to be blown away!

Cheers.
I don't think you will be. You already gave the better of the two IMO, but please post your results for all of us.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search