The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Shadow Hills Equinox: Mono tracks and stereo insert Mixers (Analog)
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

Shadow Hills Equinox: Mono tracks and stereo insert

Hi

Shadow Hills Equinox users: I'd appreciated if you let me know what you do re: mono tracks.

I presume you just put your bus comp after unit and then monitor off your final mix destination, in my case cranesong hedd as it goes back into PT.

Another question is that you have to monitor off of track 1 and 2 on the equinox, i believe.

i use a lynx aurora as well as 8 chans of mytek DA and the cranesong hedd, the latter two hang of the lynx via aes/ebu. this makes for odd pin out configuration on my d-subs so i'm wondering how to get my HEDD, currently on PT chans 25,26 to come up as 1/2 on the dsub to equinox... currently it's on a different dsub out than tracks 1,2 3,4 etc... maybe i just have to scratch my head and rewire these damn things again...

anyways, most of this maybe obvious but if you can help me avoid having to actually THINK today, i'd appreciate it.
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

This doesn't really answer your question (or maybe it does) but I run my post equinox summed 2buss stereo signal back to the equinox for monitoring via the Equinox external inputs (so this way you can monitor either the pre or post 2 buss chain by selecting external for post, or 3-32 for pre). It's half normalled in my patchbay out to the equinox external inputs, and then also to an apogee a/d on another system to record the mix back..
Old 10th May 2009
Ripper, are you referring to your Equinox channel numbers not corresponding to your DA output channel numbers?

You can use DAW 1&2 for tracking (which opens up the preamps for use) and MIX 3-32 for mixing. You just have to re-patch 1&2 for mixing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search