The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Michael - Glory Comps??
Old 2nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Michael - Glory Comps??

Hey Michael,

I wanted to ask you about those units. How do you like them?

Also, although I know you like Groove Tubes stuff how come and you rushed to get these units in, when there are other pieces that do smooth compression and have been around the block and proven themselves...like Requisite, innertube audio, EAR...

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2005
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by syra
Hey Michael,

I wanted to ask you about those units. How do you like them?

Also, although I know you like Groove Tubes stuff how come and you rushed to get these units in, when there are other pieces that do smooth compression and have been around the block and proven themselves...like Requisite, innertube audio, EAR...

Thanks
The one I have is a beta unit and I have to do some more checking before I can give you a solid opinion. At first listen, I like what I'm hearing. The comp can be very smooth but also somewhat agressive. You can compress the heck out of things without really hearing it work. I tried it on bass and it did a great job on that source, bringing the bass forward in the mix. I can imagine, judging by what I've heard from the single unit so far, that a couple of GLORY COMPs could be great for the stereo buss (unfortunately that will be $7k for two of them). More later.

Well, I didn't rush to get this comp (like I said it's a beta) and I've already heard the Requisite and Innertube (not the EAR so far). Just checking around, seeing what's out there. To me the GLORY seems more versatile than the Requisite (which I liked as well). But most important: IT JUST LOOKS COOL !!! heh two of those next to my two VIPREs and I can raise my studio day rate heh in fact I would have to, in order to pay for the new AC unit needed to cool down those 34 tubes
Old 2nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Good points Michael. Indeed the Glory is more versatile with its attack and release controls. I will try to audition one within 2005. Thanks for the reply!
Old 2nd August 2005
Lives for gear

seems as tho sn00001 headed this way...ill see if the Spankmeister wants to give it a test drive...n let you kno
Old 2nd August 2005
I had a twist around it. V nice. Looks great. Has quasi religious legending relating to it's celestial name...Funny.
Another 'I want' to add to my ever increasing list... heh
Old 2nd August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Another 'I want' to add to my ever increasing list... heh

You have a list?

I have a book!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search