The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which guitar pick for a CK 12 capsule...? Condenser Microphones
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I was a NARA's member for several years. The level of corruption in that organization rivals that of some third world countries.

I am no longer a member if you still wonder.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
I was a NARAS member for ten years. I joined specifically because I wanted to become fat through corruption. In all that time, nobody ever offered me squat for diddly. How come you catch all the breaks?
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblair View Post
What exactly is a "Grammy level session"?

Grammys and platinum records are not only overrated, they say nothing about how good something sounds.
Again please review the definition of semantics. I used a random reference for a high level of engineering because there is NO WAY TO SEPARATE things otherwise! Grammy, platinum, ball tingling WHATEVER- a level of engineering that sounds good to most.

Jesus. I can't believe how full of sh*t ALL of you guys are.

Back to making records- apparently Im the only one with work right now! Ill be back to post once Im done but I had to chime in one more time and say- its not a debate about the Grammys. But I don't want people who own one preamp and a sm57 to chime in how good it sounds.

This thread is a perfect example of how much of a JOKE this place has become.

Its 100% a legitimate question. But go back to arguing semantics from your computers as you have no clients! Jesus...

A guitar pick that is an alternative to fender thins. Maybe a different material that still is as bright but less plastic pick attack. I appreciate the legit responses so far and feel sorry for those of you more interested in debating the word "Grammy"... Or technique... Ill let the real players know they are stupid for bringing multiple picks.

Flame on website of ignorance! Still busy working but Ill check back in to hear your silly responses! Its like watching the last brick in Jenga...
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

Hearing problems, check the free information below... Real email I send out but Ive removed the names for obvious reasons.

Tinnitus got you down?

Does it sound like someone has stuffed your ears full of something? Thats not something, thats your OWN balls! Tinnitus NO- Testiclinnitus! Dickineaerdum Can'thearnomo is a disease suffered by many of our producers, choreographers, and yes, even singers. Its a rare disease that doctors think may begin when the individual tastes a bit of power or success... And even in some rare cases, a complete failure wallowing in self denial overcompensates... and that can trigger an outbreak as well.

Thats why we, at "the (studiox) free clinic for dickbobs", work tirelessly 24/7. To make sure that these people, regardless of their limitations, can still lead normal producers lives and still contribute relatively to the professional music community. There is no "I" in (studiox).

But there is an "I" in "dick". And its this self imposed penis that is the root of all production dischord. We at (studiox) can help. From homeless hippy to anal retentive clock humper... We are here to help and we want to help. (studiox) is THE cure for testiclinnitus.

Disclaimer-
(studiox) is not responsible for client short comings.
Beware of Engineer. Bring Ben and Jerrys if concerned.
Do not expose Engineer to sunlight
Do not taunt Engineer
If you work with Engineer and temporarily lose your eyesight- consult a doctor
If you work with Engineer and he seems annoyed, then stop talking during tracking
Some may experience a slight sense of inferiority with Engineer, this is normal and should wear off in a few days. If symptoms reoccur- practice
If you have run out of money, do NOT ask Engineer for some
If you need Engineer for prolonged use, consult doing your own work
Most of all, if you sucked when you got here, you will suck when you leave. Youll just sound better while you suck
Old 10th May 2009

Quote:
A guitar pick that is an alternative to fender thins. Maybe a different material that still is as bright but less plastic pick attack...

the last brick in Jenga...
That should do the trick! heh

Anyways - In all seriousness - there's some good responses in here re different textured/thickness picks thumbsup

Any joy yet?
Old 10th May 2009
Lives for gear

WPG, you are not the only one with work. In fact, sometimes, the more hours I spend in the studio, the more I post.

But you know what? I know a lot of really talented guys with multiple Grammys and platinum records who don't have work right now, because some hack is willing to do stuff for free, and there's no budget. There are lots of hacks who are busy right now. Being busy is even less impressive than Grammys.

I am glad you are busy however, regardless of your original question, which has a flawed premise.
Old 11th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepapagold View Post

Im actually surprised at your confusion... Every SINGLE session player I know chooses his pick to fit the situation- not the other way around. I though you had worked with some session guys before... You seem to be confused that the mic is the only tool... maybe ask some serious players first...

But thanks everyone for all the replies! Especially the guitar players who actually understand the question....
Wow, every SINGLE guitar player I know chooses his pick to suit his technique and doesn't give a flying fuk about what mic the "engineer" wants to use.

Now, what drum sticks to use with a Shure Sm57 and we got something to talk about!
Old 12th May 2009
Baz
Lives for gear

Ha Ha ha! I just caught this thread.

I don't post much but r_u_fuk*ng kidding me!? stupidest thread I have EVER seen here, bar none. Ridiculous. I've had the pleasure of recording a small handful of world class acoustic players and this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

Sorry. Had a couple off pops and probably wouldn't have normally paid mind to this, but the OP is a freeking arrogant wack job in my opinion. Have fun, loonie Mon!
Old 12th May 2009
Quote:
Most of all, if you sucked when you got here, you will suck when you leave. Youll just sound better while you suck
As Curley said; "If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do suck-ceed".

This thread is a hit over at PSW, it has as many pages mocking you guys as you have here seriously debating it. That subject could create another thread?

For what it's worth, I use the same Fender heavy torty as I have since 1965. It seems to transend all styles of music, weird huh?

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 12th May 2009
Lives for gear

I know a guy who uses a small, flat rock. Not sure if it's feldspar or obsidian.

Great for SM-57s.

-R
Old 12th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post

This thread is a hit over at PSW, it has as many pages mocking you guys as you have here seriously debating it. That subject could create another thread?
Nice to know there's actually something going on at PSW for a change

-R
Old 12th May 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
This thread is a perfect example of how much of a JOKE this place has become.
^^ nominated for Post of the Year by the National Irony Foundation
Old 12th May 2009
Gear Addict

I have a friend who uses these bread bag tabs when he can't find a pick around (which is pretty often)....

Whatever works right?
Old 12th May 2009
Lives for gear

I'm surprised the high-enders don't have a few of these lying around for such occasions...

World's Most Expensive Guitar Picks- $4,674 | WALL STREET FIGHTER

on the bread bag tags, i actually have a few of these with a band's name on them... gag band who may or may not exist, but they have tour merch and a reputation.... everybody knows they're awesome but just can't remember seeing them.

EDIT: i would save up for one but my C414 is the XLII not a CK12 cap
Old 12th May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled_Brains View Post
I have a friend who uses these bread bag tabs when he can't find a pick around (which is pretty often)....

Whatever works right?
Which date sounds better?
Old 12th May 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast9 View Post
Best if used by whatever date is on the tab.
Old 13th May 2009
Lives for gear

Man this thread is sad... can't believe what some of you are discussing so seriously.

Better leave you guys alone, really, sometimes you just have to let it go...

B.
Old 13th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast9 View Post
Depends on which mic you're using.
Old 13th May 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
Old 13th May 2009
Baz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
Old 13th May 2009
Lives for gear

I'm sure I've asked 100's of stupid questions on forums before, so I like to tease a bit when I get the chance.
Old 14th May 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
^^ nominated for Post of the Year by the National Irony Foundation
so then... they nominate without irony. how ironic!

gregory scott - ubk
Old 15th May 2009
Lives for gear

My wife has a big tin of buttons - I spend hours choosing the correct button as a pick for the correct mic...

...the ones with the bigger holes give a more transparent sound....

...no offense only joking ...............on second thoughts I may try this, as Brian May apparently uses an old filed down sixpence to get his sound.
Old 15th May 2009
Lives for gear

buttons schmuttons surely these are the most transperent guitar picks...
V-Picks: Picks
Old 28th December 2014
Baz
Lives for gear

Ah, pure gold from whitepapagold. A good laugh to end the year. I was rememinded of this thread while searching for a pick to soften a strumming part yesterday. This one is a classic
Old 28th December 2014
Lives for gear

Funniest topic titel ever.
The world upside down.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search