The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for console 24-32 channel, best bang for buck, suggestions?
Old 31st July 2005
Here for the gear

Looking for console 24-32 channel, best bang for buck, suggestions?

Hello. Years ago I got the idea in my head to move away from my tried and true analog recording methods to a computer based studio (PowerMac w/ MOTU system (2408 & 24i) & Kyma, a Powerbook running various programs (Metasynth, MAX/MSP etc..)), for me that wasn't a good fit. I've spent my life a computer geek but I just can't create on it and now after several years of not doing anything musically I'm feeling very inspired and I'm in the process of 'downgrading' my studio.

I'm currently looking for a 24 or ideally 32 channel 8 bus board but funds are limited and I can't afford to go over $1000 and would prefer it under $800... I know I'm asking a lot but routing is a key concern. I'm presently working in a sort of experimental electro-acoustic atmosphere, i.e.- several samplers w/ lots of outboard processing heavily effecting all sources (voice, guitars, percussion, keys.)

So basically I need something I can connect all of my synths/ samplers/ mics into as well as being able to route that audio out to multiple sources for processing/reprocessing and then for recording I'm thinking of picking up an ADAT and an 8 track R2R and then I'm keeping my 2408mkII so having 8 ins/outs also available for that would be nice.

So far I've been looking at several Tascam mixers (M2600 and M2524) as well as keeping the inexpensive Behringers (MX9000 and MX3282) in mind. My past mixer was a little Mackie 1202 so I'm really new to this and could use any advice you could provide on how to pull this off in the $500-800(1000) range.

thank you in advance.
Old 31st July 2005
Lives for gear

yamaha RM800... I know of one for sale as well. take care

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search