The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I must admit Im a Gearslut!!!!!
Old 30th July 2005
I must admit Im a Gearslut!!!!!

Hi to everyone, Im a Gearslutz reader for long time, this is the only place where I can learn from people that I admire for their work or for what I read from them (W.Wittman, Mr.Wagner, Mr. Shipley, Fletcher, Jules, Mr.Rob Mix, etc)

I must admit...I am a Gear Addict!!!!!

Best reggards.
Old 30th July 2005
You win. Easily.
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Guru

Yes...
You are
Old 30th July 2005
I ... am.... speechless...... truly a work of art!!!!

Please tell me that is a "Photoshop" studio... please... wimpers....
Old 30th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_new
I ... am.... speechless...... truly a work of art!!!!

Please tell me that is a "Photoshop" studio... please... wimpers....
No its not!!!

Is the result of a life times work.

I have been shy to show it until now!!!

Cheers!!

Armando Avila
Old 30th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos
No its not!!!

I have been shy to show it until now!!!

Cheers!!

Armando Avila

Nice studio.

But i don't see any Neve's.

To be a true High End Gear slut here you have to have something Neve in the rack.
(Just Kidding by the way).
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Ummm....I think you are over qualified to be a Gearslut heh heh

With all that outboard who the heck needs plugins. heh

Where is that Neve rack hiding.

Shane
Old 30th July 2005
Dot
Lives for gear

A Super Jupiter but no MPG-80 programmer to go with it? That's not very slutty of you. : )
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

I think I just saw a Behringer logo in one of those racks. JK. heh

How about an equipment list so we can drool some more.

Shane
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Guru

I'm quite proud of what I'm about to type.

It’s the live room that excites me most!
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos
So...how old are you...90?
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Reminds me of that enormous wall of water in The Pefercect Storm. Where are the Pultecs? Or am I blind?
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

[email protected]#k dude!

Old 30th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
Nice studio.

But i don't see any Neve's.

To be a true High End Gear slut here you have to have something Neve in the rack.
(Just Kidding by the way).
Yeah you are right, I have a pair of Brent Averill 1272 and right now Im having fun with the Chandler strip, but yes... I need a real 1073 or 1084 in my wall, Next time I go to L.A. I will buy a pair or maby I can order them from Vintage King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syra
So...how old are you...90?
Im 31, but is great to have gold and platinum records by latin artist so I can buy this toys and Im still growing up, Im still in search of new equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetness
Reminds me of that enormous wall of water in The Pefercect Storm. Where are the Pultecs? Or am I blind?
I have this pulteq replicas from a great engineer named Alberto Milibovsky, 4 years ago I ask him to make me a pulteq replica and he did a beautifull job, his pulteq sounds so sweet I have the serial number 001 and 002 from his EQP1 and 001 and 002 from his MEQ 1 he deserves to be more recognised but he is still on a boutique level.

5 weeks ago I recorded Shakira in my studio with Rob Jacobs, he is charge of checking that everything is OK with Shakira and when he listened to my Pulteqs he loved the sound, I trust his ears because he is the one responsable for the recording and mixing of some Alanis Morrisete, U2 (rattle and home), Sheryl Crow albums.
He is a nice guy too!!!

But yes I have a pair of real pulteqs in mind from an old studio that is closing here.

From Left to right: Me, Shakira, Rob Jacobs, Dorio (Vocal couch) and my manager Emilio.

By the way the red ones behind shakira are the pulteq replicas.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

OH MY GOD

The world is a strange place....

Gear interested... gear interested???

I'll suggest your signature is changed into

GOD OF GEARSLUTZ

Have fun!

Greetings,
Dirk
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Maniac

To be honnest, I think you have an obsessive compulsive disorder of some sort. Nice studio. I'm jealous...but GET HELP!
Old 30th July 2005
WOW!

heh heh heh heh heh heh

Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound
I'm quite proud of what I'm about to type.

It’s the live room that excites me most!
Agreed!!!

ruudman
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Please feel free to use any of these in response to this post.

Dear sweet merciful God!, Dear sweet merciful heavens!, Holy sweet merciful hell!, Holy sweet merciful Mary McGillicuddy!, Oh dear sweet merciful Lord!, OH DEAR SWEET MERCIFUL MONKEY MUFFINS!, Oh my sweet merciful 7-11 nachos!, Oh my sweet merciful Buddha!, Oh my sweet merciful ferret lord!, Oh sweet merciful baby Jesus!, Oh sweet merciful Christ on the cross!, Oh sweet merciful Zeus!, Oh sweet merciful god in heaven!, Oh sweet merciful hell!, Oh sweet merciful Jeeezus!, Oh sweet merciful Jesus on a bicycle!, Oh sweet merciful Julie Chen!, Oh my dear sweet merciful baby Jesus!, Sweet merciful bejesus!, Sweet merciful Buddha on a crutch!, Sweet merciful Christ on a bike!, Sweet merciful crap!, Sweet merciful delete button!, Sweet merciful divine!, Sweet merciful force!, Sweet merciful God almighty!, Sweet merciful god in heaven above!, Sweet merciful goddess!, Sweet merciful heavens!, Sweet merciful Jeebus and his brother Harry!, Sweet merciful lord of crap!, Sweet merciful Lords of Chaos!, Sweet merciful marzipan!, Sweet merciful monkey ass!, Sweet merciful monkey crap!, Sweet merciful monkey-god!, SWEET MERCIFUL MOTHER MARY MOSES'S MANIACAL MONKEY OF MOTOWN!!!!!, Sweet merciful Mother Nature!, Sweet merciful mother of anything sacred!, Sweet merciful mother of cake!, Sweet merciful mother of cheese!, Sweet merciful mother of crap!, Sweet merciful mother of muppets!, Sweet merciful mother of pearl!, Sweet merciful mother of Pete!, Sweet merciful mother of purple monkey!, Sweet merciful mother of the good Lord Yaweh!, Sweet merciful mother of Zeus!, Sweet merciful progress!, Sweet merciful Red Auerbach!, Sweet merciful Santa!, Sweet merciful savior in heaven!, Sweet merciful ****!, Sweet merciful spiffiness!, Sweet merciful toast!, Sweet merciful water pressure!, Sweet merciful Wayne Gretzky!, Sweet merciful webcam!, Sweet merciful Zeus!, Sweet, sweet merciful Jesus!
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Holy Shmoly, what a list!

ruudman
Old 30th July 2005
Quote:
OH DEAR SWEET MERCIFUL MONKEY MUFFINS!
Now that is CLASSIC... Can I borrow that please??
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Sheesh, that's *nothing*!!! Check out MY place:
Attached Thumbnails
I must admit Im a Gearslut!!!!!-tubemp.jpg  
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Great place! I agree with Drumsound, the most impressive thing there is the live room. What I would do for a room of that size. Not to mention that much rack space. I had to sell one of my 1178s so I could make room for a 33609b.

Future Music is the shiite. I love Jack and I have bought/sold a lot of gear there.

But serioulsy, get yourself a Neve BCM10 or some type of sidecar. And you need a Mellotron, Mini Moog and an ARP 2600.

And where are the mics? We wanna see your mic collection!
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

You are like that kid you meet in High School who you've been playing guitar 6 years longer than, he just started, and he already kicks your ass!
Damn it I quit! heh

I know this is about the gear here at Gearslutz, but I can't help it...Shakira is a beauty.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Oh and my favorite quote is:
SWEET MERCIFUL MOTHER MARY MOSES'S MANIACAL MONKEY OF MOTOWN!!!!!

Definitely stealing that one for personal use later!
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

"You spent HOW MUCH money to make mp3's ?????" heh
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

I would be worried about the sound reflecting from that rack.

I have some acoustically treated blank rack panels I could trade you for some stuff.

I would say about 40 of them would be about right.

I think it would really help.

Really.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Yea and I have a rack of 4 Neve 1272's, old school that takes up 7 spaces...let me pick which 7 and we can make a fair and even swap!
thumbsup
Old 30th July 2005
Oh my ****! I hope you're making money!
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

you forgot the pic's of the coca fields and the meth labs

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search