The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Thinking of buying a U195
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

Thinking of buying a U195

Hi, I was thinking of buying a used Soundelux U195, but I've never actually used one before. I've heard only good things about it however. Does anyone here personally recommend this mic? Especially for the price, it seems like a great mic. Why is it so much cheaper than all the other Soundelux's though? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

it´s really a great mic, especially for the price. the fat switch does exactly that - wonderful on bassdrums or bassguitars. it can also be very nice on vocals and a lot of other applications.
i believe the lower price compared to other soundelux models is due to the fact that this mic is not 100% built in the US. as far as i know the capsule is built somewhere else, but who cares...
the only disadvantage is their customersupport, which i believe is not so good. emailed them twice - no response tutt
Old 28th July 2005
Gear Addict

the soundelux U195 is probably the best all purpose condensor i have ever heard at it's price. lower cost is dues to outsourcing of parts. it is a steal and a total workhorse. built like a tank and gives lots of sonic options.

i can't imagine that the customer service is not top notch. i myself PMed the owner david bock and got a response to a simple question which he could just as easily ignored. if an e--mail is not answered there could be any number of reasons, try a phone call.

best,
rlnyc.
Old 28th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Just do it. Can't miss.
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

I bought one as a step up from my Rode NTK. I love it.
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

With SD customer service, its all about talking to the right person. There is another company that provides the service for them. If you call the tech support number on the website you get a guy who actually does the work and he usually doesnt answer. It is quite frustrating......

Once I got the right person the customer service was great... too bad it took a month!

-S0nguy
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

The U195 is an absolute no-brainer.

You won't be dissappointed. I use it a lot on vocals, mono drum room, ac. guitar, whatever. Works great a lot of the times.

Greetings,
Dirk
Old 28th July 2005
Here for the gear

I had the mic for a year before upgrading to a more expensivier Sony mic. Definitely the U195 is an excellent all purpose mic at an excellent price. Its more flexible than the TLM at it's pricerange and easily competes with the U87 except for name recognition. The fat switch, RnB singers and Rapper love but be careful of low pops.

If you want an all purpose mic at that price range, definitely get the U195.
Old 28th July 2005
500 series nutjob

you cant go wrong, its a great all around mic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search