The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
A Few Pre's -> 002R Question
Old 28th July 2005
Here for the gear

A Few Pre's -> 002R Question

OK, so I need the gurus here to help me hook up my gear in the most efficent (both sonically and ergonomically) way possible. Here's what I've got:

002R
Presonus 8 channell pre hooks up via lightpipe
Great River me-1nv
Avalon 737
API 512c x 4 lunchbox
FMR RNC

An issue I'd like solved: The Avalon and API's get ridiculously levels when hooked up to the 002R's mic inputs as well as using a line transformer into the 1/4 inputs on both -10 and +4 settings.

total newb here, so help me somebody!
thanks
Old 28th July 2005
Gear Addict

I'm not to sure what you mean by "ridiculously levels", but I'll assume you mean ridiculously HIGH levels when going in. One of the major frustrations I have with the 002 is the fact that there are no pads in any of the inputs....lo cut? what the hell do we need that for??? give us a pad, dammit!!!
So yeah, you need a pad. I know there's a way to make a simple pad-lead using 3 resitors and an XLR cable, search the forums, it's been mentioned alot, otherwise you'll need something along the lines of the Shure A15AS switchable pad.

Me, I just sold my 002.....
Old 28th July 2005
Here for the gear

Ridicously high levels is what I meant, thanks

What about hooking the API's and Avalon up to the Presonus and using that as an A/D. Then have the Great River use the unbalanced output to the 1/4 in's of the 002?

Anybody do any comps between the 002 a/d's and Presonus'?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search