The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon PCM96 Presets PLEASE!!! Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 18th April 2009
Here for the gear

Lexicon PCM96 Presets PLEASE!!!

Hi everybody,

I'm looking to buy a PCM 96 but I have no idea what presets come with the unit. I hear it has presets from the 300, 480, and 960. I can't find a list any where online. Could someone post them? Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 18th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by briwar454 View Post
Hi everybody,

I'm looking to buy a PCM 96 but I have no idea what presets come with the unit. I hear it has presets from the 300, 480, and 960. I can't find a list any where online. Could someone post them? Thanks in advance!!!!!
One of our service techs has been putting together a preset list, but I don't think he's finished. At this point, you'll find that many of the 1300 presets sound very similar to the older products you mentioned. However, at this point there is no name-for-name matching. So if you have a favorite older preset (let's say "Frabjous Day") you aren't likely to find an identical preset with the same name on the PCM96. You're quite likely to find something close, but it might take some hunting.

I'd imagine that we'll add some presets that match by name over time.
Old 18th April 2009
Lives for gear

To be honest, I don't know if you'll get much out of a preset list. Everything is named things like "Large Hall 1" "Random Hall 1", or "Studio 1", "Studio 2", "Small Plate". Imagine a generic name for every possible kind of very, and that's the preset list. I guess it's kind of descriptive, but it certainly doesn't help identify any personality of the patches.

On the up-side, there isn't a bad sounding patch in the box, and if you love Lexicon reverbs, you'll be VERY happy with it.
Old 19th April 2009
Here for the gear

Thanks everybody for the quick response!!! I think a post with the presets would be helpful for people in the future. I'm looking for a couple of presets that come in the 300 and 480L: Doubler, LG RHall + STG, and Small Church. The PCM96 would be an instant buy for me if it had those presets. Thanks again!
Old 28th November 2014
Lives for gear
The preset list is rather unimaginative and uninspiring on the PCM 96. I fall asleep going through the preset banks.
Old 29th November 2014
Lives for gear
I can't really see similarities between a 480 and a 96PCM. I guess what made the 480 was also it's hardware. They both have their purposes and I don't think the newer one is simulating the older one. Somehow the 224, 480 and 96 are very good units and I find myself to go to them again and again.
Old 29th November 2014
Lives for gear
The 224 and PCM 96 are great machines. I have both of these and use them a lot. I prefer the 224. My favourite is the 480L. It sprinkles magic on tracks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search