Old 30th November 2015
Gear Guru

Holy 10 year necrobump thread batman!

:-)
Old 30th November 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Popp View Post
Nathan Eldred has been honest and even kind in dealing with me. He certainly has a lot of valuable experience with gear. Some of you need to look up "genetic fallacy."
Are you the guy working on the "Lebron James Experience"? I heard Lebron mention that he liked GR pres for his rap album.

Now the biggest issue I have is that we know that "Great River" is a Native American translation for "Ohio" Even George Washington himself knew that the Ohio was the Great River.

But these people who make "Great River" preamps seem to believe that the Upper Mississippi River is the Great River.

Personally, I believe that it's cultural misappropriation, and I can't get past the whole thing.
Old 28th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Hmm In some way i loved the great river. The sound had such an incredible high and clear quality. And the unit is build like a tank.
But i sold it.
Im only recording vocals and there was something about the tone i did not like on vocals. The sound was like kind of 'squeezed' or something. I had to equalize a lot to make it sound more open.
Im about to get a BAE 1073 soon. I think that preamp sounds more linear

Peace

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search