The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tannoy 8D
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

Tannoy 8D

I've read some good reviews of the Tannoy Reveal 8D's and the Precision 8D's. Does anyone have any experince with these monitors?

I have an old set of reveals that I want to replace because they don't translate very well on the bottom end (not great on the top end). I like the idea of being able to tune the monitors to the room but I'm wondering about the detail of these monitors. I have a 2k budget and these fall under that - I do rock fyi.

thanks for any input.
Old 16th August 2005
Gear Addict

Hi!!

if you can get them take the Ellipse Monitors from Tannoy... heard them on MESSE in FRankfurt and they are just amazing... nearly the same price for the Ellipse 8.

Greetz,

Mike
Old 16th August 2005
I have the System 8's. The Percision 8's are replacing my monitors. The only difference is they found that at the higher freq's, it's better to use a tweeter over keeping everything on the one speaker. I personally love mine and would recommend the Precision 8's. However I have heard the Eclipse and love them too. I would think they would sound pretty similar to the Precision's. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 16th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kats View Post
I've read some good reviews of the Tannoy Reveal 8D's and the Precision 8D's. Does anyone have any experince with these monitors?

I have an old set of reveals that I want to replace because they don't translate very well on the bottom end (not great on the top end). I like the idea of being able to tune the monitors to the room but I'm wondering about the detail of these monitors. I have a 2k budget and these fall under that - I do rock fyi.

thanks for any input.
Whoops didnt realize this was such an old thread

I am audtioning them in my studio right now.
They are really nice. Clear and full band with a wide sweet spot and very 3d.
I think I will pick these up. I haven't been satisfied with anything till now. Well except for my old 4411 JBL's They may remain my fav for sentimental reasons.
Lou

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search