The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EMT vs Neve vs Telefunken etc Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 12th April 2009
Gear Head

EMT vs Neve vs Telefunken etc

Hi I'm new to the board this is my first post so hopefully this is the right sections to post in.

A friend of mine recently got an EMT console, I understand very few were made. I may get a chance to record on it in the coming months. But I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these consoles and how you rate the pre amps, how do they compare to say to Neve 1073 or Telefunken v72 or infact Telefunken v672. Any thoughts, or info about EMT would be most interesting?

Cheers.
Old 8th November 2009
Gear Addict

I would like to know too!
Old 8th November 2009
Gear Addict

very underrated desk. similar sound to studer. very clean. pres nothing super special, but eq has great top end and low warmth (lo pot fixed at 40hz). not ideal for modern punch, but has a refined sound.
not really comparable to the things you mention, different vibe. built well and far too cheap IMHO.
Old 14th November 2009
Here for the gear

hi
I am using a EMT A400 actually 24ch.. this is the broadcast version with 5 limiters on each master where broadcast filter is now bypassable (custom).... i had a preamp like dbx 786 but i sold it, the sound of EMT is fantastic, very round, you can "see" the sound, not only hear.... to me, a lot more far than special... i've worked on ssl and compared, emt is largely far musical and hot, even if lightly more noisy than ssl.... but if franz ferdinand mixed on this desk (at pool studio), well, noise is welcome if so little.... summing is deep and wide... only the eq is unversatile but anyway, i use linear eq on pro tools..... by the way i am looking for schematic and users manual.....
Old 14th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtex View Post
very underrated desk. similar sound to studer. very clean. pres nothing super special,
not really comparable to the things you mention, different vibe. built well
100% in agreement.
I had a console for a couple of years.
Underrated and nice, but not in the same class as vintage Neve or V-72.

Different vibe too, as stated above.

Nice B level desk.... A being Neve, Api, Helios etc.
Old 13th May 2015
Here for the gear

diagram EMT A400

Hello, do you have by any chance the diagrams of the EMT A400 as I'd like to rebuild three out of one.
thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search