The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help Mixing skills ITB
Old 11th April 2009
Here for the gear

Help Mixing skills ITB

Mix Engineering Skills... especially drums!
Hi All .... here is an interesting request.

I am a self taught engineer of some years and feel I am in a bit of a rutt mixing-wise!

Let me explain. Having been an engineer for some 20 years and doing OK thank-you, I always feel I could soak up a bit more info from other engineers. Don't get me wrong, I like what I do and the fact that I am still busy after all these years is testament to the fact that I must be doing something right. I just feel could sometimes do better, especially in drum sound mixing. I listen to modern albums and always focus on the drum kit with envy.

What I would like is to talk/meet with a few other engineers, maybe bring up a track to co-mix.. or come to my studio for a few days.

I am looking for guys who are willing to offer their experience and expertise, (not just secret tweaks whilst my back is turned... haha)

Of course I am willing to pay something for this so if there are any UK engineers out there twiddling their thumbs, who fancy a few days on the sunny south coast of England OR I could even fly out to somewhere exotic (that'd be real cool) it would be a valued experience!

Obviously 1 to 1 is preferred... but alternatively if there are any mixing short- courses that people have attended and feel they might be good then let me know!

Cheers in advance for any info.

Rob

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search