The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GTC2 compressor - can anyone share sound samples? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 9th April 2009
GTC2 compressor - can anyone share sound samples?

Hi!

As long I am on GS I'd like to hear GTC2 sound samples. voc, bass, mix,... and I am 100% sure that I am not alone here who waiting long time for this thread.

would be nice to hear clean and compressed samples and with rough description of appointment (opto, fet, both)

thank you GTC2 users!

GTQ2 proud owner
Old 9th April 2009
Lives for gear

def would like to also
Old 9th April 2009
Gear Nut

+1 here also
Old 10th April 2009

It's pretty hard to show what a compressor can do through samples on the internet. It's not like a mic or a preamp... When you hear a snippet of a compressor, you are hearing someone's personal interpretation of how it should be used. It's kind of like asking for samples of what a paint brush can do. The results will completely depend on the user's skill level.
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It's pretty hard to show what a compressor can do through samples on the internet. It's not like a mic or a preamp... When you hear a snippet of a compressor, you are hearing someone's personal interpretation of how it should be used. It's kind of like asking for samples of what a paint brush can do. The results will completely depend on the user's skill level.
thumbsup

Just talk to Tony about the comp it will settle all your fears.
Old 10th April 2009
yes please.

SAMPLES!
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

Tony, just sell me a unit at 30% off, I'll post some samples when I get it, then you'll get 5 more orders. DEAL????????
Old 10th April 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Zero View Post
Tony, just sell me a unit at 30% off, I'll post some samples when I get it, then you'll get 5 more orders. DEAL????????
Old 10th April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Zero View Post
yes , me too.

Tony I know that. But if someone send samples and give us a rough description of any knobs. There Is allways some school appointment for voc, bass, mix or other if someone can't say exactly how was knobs turned.

There will no one not be anxious about personall tricks on GTC2. So why not upload some audio files?

Is it better to spend few years of talking about GTC2 or just do it in a few minutes?

For me and many others it's better to say:
I don't want to do this

or simple say it:
I will, no problem.

That's the right word of any person who is on the right (upper) way of right true set person. But that's just my view of right thinking.

Any other GTC2 users?
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post

That was really well put!thumbsup
Old 11th April 2009
Gear Maniac

Yes I have one, and love it.

I agree with the folks, it's difficult to post samples and go "see, told you"! For instance, whether or not I need/want to engage the compression, I often use this unit just for its character that it imparts onto the audio (ie no compression, just using the make-up gain) when I want to treat the sound, make it sound more "expensive" if I could describe it that way?! It really adds a certain 'something' that makes me smile. For instance, I will regularly send a stereo of strings (orchestral) through it and let the Aurora's gain do the work of instantly adding a kind of brilliance and lushness which I otherwise would have to do with EQ. It's so very subtle, and in saying that, it doesn't seem to change the sonics in terms of EQ landscape, only enhance it, somehow. Whatever is going on, I like it anyway. Massive thumbs up. And Geoff has customer service down to a fine art.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search