The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME m-32 ad + m-32 da + HSDPe MADIface Digital Converters
Old 8th April 2009
RME m-32 ad + m-32 da + HSDPe MADIface

this, combined with a new mbp 17" looks like a pretty unbeatable combo any thoughts? curious how this will compare to the apogee symphony mobile 32. mobile card is $535 (32 I/O) at sweetwater vs roughly $1600 for the madiface (64 I/O). then when you factor in the cost of 2 ad-16x and 2 da-16x ($12 700+tax & cables) i wonder how much 1 m-32 ad and 1 m-32 da will cost and compare quality wise..?
Old 8th April 2009
Gear Maniac

in another thread RME said:

"The price in Germany for the M32s will be around € 4.500 (incl. VAT)"

So I should hope they are good for that price!
Old 9th April 2009
well that seems to work out to be more expensive, crap. i'm also considering interfacing it to an ssl mx4 for another $2000 us, but thats gonna be way over budget!
Old 9th April 2009
if you take 17.5% off for vat is still seems to work out to around $3600 euro, in cdn thats like $5700. usually they offer a us price and euro price that don't really reflect the exchange rates, so if its gonna be closer to $3500-4000 us that might not be too harsh to swallow (i can prolly command $1500 for my apogee ensemble).
Old 9th April 2009
Gear Maniac

The price was much higher than I thought, maybe the UK prices will be adjusted somehow. Probably not.

The M units went to the top of my list when I saw the spec (I'd been looking at the SSL before), but they've dropped off the list now

RME prices have risen considerably here in the UK and if they keep going up I can't see as many people wanting to part with the cash.

Guess I'll have to wait for some reviews and feedback.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search