The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Chandler LTD-2
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Addict

Chandler LTD-2

...now these little puppies, the Chandler LTD-2, what are the slutz experience with these? Where are you using them? Where aren't you using them? Are they very much like the neve 2254? Are they very coloured? A good drum bus compressor when paired?

cheers m'dears.

D.F.
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

Nobody replied to this, so posting the question again: Any information you can spare on the Chandler LTD-2?

Thanks

D.F.
Old 25th July 2005
Tried it and didn't like it.

Doesn't compare at all to the originals.

And i own 2254's and have owned 32264a's and 33609's in the past.

The other Chandler stuff i like much better(TG1,LTD-1,TG2).
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

Thanks Thrill. I am coming to the conclusion that with many units it's best to try and get to source (for example I've been following Pultec threads and this is what you seem to be saying). So what revision should I be looking at in 2254s and what is the asking price?

D.F.
Old 25th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.F.
Thanks Thrill. I am coming to the conclusion that with many units it's best to try and get to source (for example I've been following Pultec threads and this is what you seem to be saying). So what revision should I be looking at in 2254s and what is the asking price?

D.F.

2254A's or E's.

Asking price is around $4k for the A's an 4.5K for the E's.
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

thanks
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

If you are looking into the Chandler, you might want to take a peak Daking compressor. Similar idea, but the Daking get rave reviews.
Old 29th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I dig my Chandler LTD-2 compressors, they "thicken and focus" whatever audio passes through them, and I use them both with tracking and mixing down. They sound sweet to me, rounding off the edges, punchy. I didn't like the Daking compressors much, I found them to be more transparent, which is not what I was looking for.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

The best use we've found for them is on bass. They give a great, old-school tubbiness to the lowend that is often hard to find.
Old 6th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.F.
Nobody replied to this, so posting the question again: Any information you can spare on the Chandler LTD-2?

Thanks

D.F.
Dark top, fat low end, good for drums (single or buss), 2 mix possibly.

In a word, thick.
Old 6th August 2005
I owned one for a short while and did not care for it.
My neighbor has a mint pair of 2254's and a 33609.
I saw no core similiarity in tone between either of these wonderful compressors and the Chandler.

Where aren't you using them?
Only got workable results on Bass and once a a real shrill vocalist.

Are they very much like the neve 2254?
Not the one I heard.

Are they very coloured?
Yes. To the degree of being extremely limited

A good drum bus compressor when paired?
I would not put these on any buss unless you were going for a very dramatic effect.

I also have a pair of dakings and I would suggest you look at these.
They try to do the Neve thing as well on a setting but, I still wouldn't say they pull it off. However, they smoke the Chandler IMHO. They are WAY more versital and can have as much color OR not as you want. I am amazed these have not taken over the world. If I only had one pair this would be it.....that is, of what I currently have OR have listened to.

D
Old 7th August 2005
Lives for gear

Yeah, I heard that the Daking compressors weren't selling very well. I've also heard people with good ears like them very much, so I agree with you. It is surprising that they're not more popular.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search