The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
cheapest preamp that would do a REDDI justice on bass
Old 23rd July 2005
Here for the gear

cheapest preamp that would do a REDDI justice on bass

I wasn't sure whether to ask in the high or low end thread, considering my question is mixed between a good DI and a cheap pre, but ignoring that...

I am ready to blow a bit of cash simply to get a decent bass sound in my home studio -- after hearing the REDDI at a friend's place I am certainly picking one of those up, but at home my "best" preamp is a RNP. Is there a sub $1k preamp that, matched with my incoming DI box, would really shine for direct (via Reddi) and mic'd bass? I hear the most about the grace 101 and RNP, but am open to any suggestions as to which is most low-end friendly.

Thanks...
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser
I wasn't sure whether to ask in the high or low end thread, considering my question is mixed between a good DI and a cheap pre, but ignoring that...

I am ready to blow a bit of cash simply to get a decent bass sound in my home studio -- after hearing the REDDI at a friend's place I am certainly picking one of those up, but at home my "best" preamp is a RNP. Is there a sub $1k preamp that, matched with my incoming DI box, would really shine for direct (via Reddi) and mic'd bass? I hear the most about the grace 101 and RNP, but am open to any suggestions as to which is most low-end friendly.

Thanks...
Hello Soundchaser,

First, thank you for considering a purchase of an A Designs Audio product.
I'm wondering why you would need one? (Pre that is)
And if you really did I would suggest our Pacifica. I just came from a recording where they used the REDDI on guitar, into the DI on the Pacifica and it was SWEET!
Please tell me how you would bring it into your system?
Or just email me direct and we can talk about your options?

Thank you,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

PS.............

Sorry, I'm half awake and half asleep. Your RNP should be fine
but what you might be looking for is a Pre that will not color the REDDI. If that's what your plan was.
Again feel free to email me direct and I will do my best to help you.
It just may be you will not have to spend any more money than you need to.

Regards,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search