The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Electronic M3000 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 6th April 2009
Gear Maniac

TC Electronic M3000

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who uses the M3000 what their favourite patches are, especially vocal reverbs?
Old 6th April 2009
Lives for gear

I have a M-3000 and I like it a lot. It has lots of very usable presets and if you don't like something you can just tweak it. As simple as that

I think it does room-reverbs very well - I would describe as generally being honest and clear, if that says anything to you. It also has a lot of VSS3 algorithms and these are again very good. It also has some extra stuff like delays, phasers and blah... these are very handy.

It works at 48 KHz - I would like it to be able to work at 96 KHz since it would interface much more easily. So, overall it's a great unit and it is priced very reasonably.
Old 6th April 2009
Lives for gear

Sold mine - wished I had not and that's still considering that I have reverbs such as the lexicon PCM96 and Kurzweil KSP8.

Great reverb and it's true dual engined - so you get two distinct reverbs.

Paul
Old 7th April 2009
Gear Nut

I like to start with the 40 x 40 room and tweak from there... I generally work at 82K so I run into the analog inputs and outputs of the M3000 and just use the internal ADDA conversion...
Old 7th April 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by danharr View Post
I like to start with the 40 x 40 room and tweak from there... I generally work at 82K so I run into the analog inputs and outputs of the M3000 and just use the internal ADDA conversion...
"Piano hall first row" or something like that. Puts a nice little halo around vocals when needed.
Old 8th April 2009
Gear Addict

The toilets are where it's at for me...

uh...

Old 8th April 2009
TSM
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenn View Post
Sold mine - wished I had not and that's still considering that I have reverbs such as the lexicon PCM96

Paul
Hey Paul,

What do you miss on the M3000 that the PCM96 can't cover? I have the M3000 and was thinking of ebaying it for the Lex.
Thanks
Old 8th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Hey Paul,

What do you miss on the M3000 that the PCM96 can't cover? I have the M3000 and was thinking of ebaying it for the Lex.
Thanks

I had it for one day.

Only SS3 was convincing.

Was very bright sounding. Did not like that.

Apart from that a nice reverb. Then I got a Rumour.
But now I am not sure which is better.
Old 8th April 2009
I have an M3000 along with a PCM 90, a KSP8 with remote and a DRP20. I find that while it's a very clear sounding verb it doesn't really poke out well in the mix, compared to all of my other verbs. The rooms are cool but it's nowhere near as lush as the KSP8
Old 8th April 2009
Lives for gear

I'de like to add a hi/fi, cleaner, brighter reverb to my collection sooner than later to go alongside a Lexicon 200, PCM60 + DN780. This unit would definatly be a contender.
Old 9th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Hey Paul,

Thanks
I too sold my M3000 to get a pcm96. I do not regret that move as the pcm96 is extraordinary.
I do miss the m3000 for it's short clean verbs though.
Old 9th April 2009
Gear Head

Hey man,

we use the 'in the clouds' preset quite alot.
I like Vocal Hall too. Good stuff!

It bugs me how it's not true stereo though. Everything sounds thick, but quite mono.

Tom
Old 9th April 2009
Gear Addict

VSS3 verbs were the only interesting ones Ive heard. I feel the M2000 sounds better at the other algorithms, especially for synths. Different engines, probably why. Cant really recommend certain patches as I tweak them a lot.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search