The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
m930's
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Gefell m930's

Well, I got my first pair of Gefell m930's today... I haven't had a chance to record anything with them yet, but my first impression is, wow, these guys are small. At least, they're a lot smaller than they look in the photos. To this I say, great! I'm actually glad they're kind of small... it should make things alot easier in certain close micing situations. Looking foward to recording something with them later on tonight.
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Maniac

You'll find out their size is proportionally inverse to how they sound. I love mine a lot.
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Maniac

besides the fact that you can place them better in close micing situations, the small size seems to make female singers feel more comfortable and not overwhelmed by a large big mic "fronting" them. i know this sounds very odd, but i have often heard that from female singers since i started using the m930s.

i think it is more or less the same principle as it is with some rock/punk singers who just feel more comfortable in front of an sm58.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search