The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tool and Joe Barresi using high end gear on new record
Old 1st August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey
Hey man, I agree with you 100% .... but this is America. The land of getting in everyone's business as opposed to minding to our own.
Lucey, that doesn't jive.

There are some statements that just don't suit having the word "but" after them...

"I apologise" and "I agree with you 100%" being two GOOD examples...

tutt
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

I can already tell that Lucey is going to fcuk this whole thing up - purposely or not.
Old 2nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I agree with the poster that stated we should have respect for those entering the creative process, but people that like Tool have a right to know where they are in the process, where they are recording etc. without the cryptic garbage they get from some people close to the band that try to sell "AN IMAGE"
That's funny, I wasn't aware of this right...but as I understand it, a band has the right to release whatever information they want however they want to, even if it is through their website which is run by someone you don't particularly like.

Quote:
This hype, secret, Mysterious "IMAGE" that they sell their Fans is Bull****! and is there for only one purpose imo - to sell as many disc's as humanly possible. their music is completely derivitive of others that have come before them, nothing special, imo they are sellouts looking to rake in as much cash as humanly possible.
So, if that's the way you feel...why are you even here? This is the only thread you've posted to, you don't like Tool (yet consider yourself a "Tool insider")...so why are you so uptight about them? Do you have any interest in audio at all, or do you just hang out on the web trying to express your frustrations with Tool?

For what it's worth I disagree with your comments about their music, and I don't take any issue with the way they present their image and hope that they do rake in as much cash as humanly possible. I know they'll get some of mine when their new album comes out.

-Ted
Old 2nd August 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo
So, if that's the way you feel...why are you even here? This is the only thread you've posted to, you don't like Tool (yet consider yourself a "Tool insider")...so why are you so uptight about them? Do you have any interest in audio at all, or do you just hang out on the web trying to express your frustrations with Tool?

For what it's worth I disagree with your comments about their music, and I don't take any issue with the way they present their image and hope that they do rake in as much cash as humanly possible. I know they'll get some of mine when their new album comes out.

-Ted
OK! Theres always a couple that just don't quite get it - lol.

What I wrote was my opinion, nothing less or more! I have no special motivations! just my 2 cents, obviously you really cant handle that!

are you not going to allow me to voice my opinion here because it's not in line with yours? rubbish!

We can agree to diagree!
Old 2nd August 2005
Here for the gear

I had hoped my thread would not go south. Please, we have an opportunity to have one of the best in the Biz here talking gear and techniques. Please let's be civil and not scare Joe Barresi off. thanks guys!
Old 2nd August 2005
Have to wait for a few months for the low down from Joe on Tool so we can put this thread in mothballs for a few months and see if we like the look of it this winter!

I am sure there are plenty of Tool orientated websites out there in the meantime!

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search