The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hand Crafted Lab.Ukraine,Kiev-Only full tube gears Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush
I am liking gtr "A"
sounds the most tube-ey and pleasant.

Best from Chicago,
Plushy
I also like acoustic gtr "A" the most but it is no tube heh
stay tune to know the surprising results...
Old 11th December 2005
Gear Nut

Hi People,

I got my "Possessed" 4-channel DI box in the mail last week. Long travel from Ukranie to Spain, but arrived in perfect condition, well packed .Albert @ HCL tweeked the unit to my taste, adding input pads for all channels and optimizing two channels as instrument inputs and 2 channels for line level signals (for use the box as gain makeup for my Eckmiller Passive Eqs)
Well I`m very grateful to them! the box sounds excellent! the top end is very detailed, running a mix thru the box I`ve found it spread the steeo field and the low end is more accurate also, wonderful. I was testing with guitar and bass in the weekend and is also great, the DI-->Demeter VTCL2a is really killer for bass. I`ll try to do a short review soon.

Now an Affinity preamp is on the way heh

Best Regards,

Synthi.

PS: I don`t have any comercial relation with HCL except for getting their products!
Old 13th December 2005
Lives for gear

Old 15th January 2006
Lives for gear

Old 15th January 2006
Gear maniac

NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one for me, doc !
Old 16th January 2006
Lives for gear

Which from nuts namely? It starts to become similar to a nut tree...
Old 16th January 2006
Lives for gear
Hey Handcrafted. How much for the "Solution 2 " copmpressor in US currency? Have to admit, this is some very impressive looking gear. Wanting to hear how it sound. Thanks... thumbsup
Old 21st January 2006
Lives for gear

Thanx."Solution s2" cost ~1160,0$,delivery to USA ~ 50,0$,to €urope ~ 39€.
Old 24th January 2006
Lives for gear
Hey Handcrafted. Are there anyone in the US that have recieved any of your products as of yet? Thanks...... thumbsup
Old 2nd February 2006
Lives for gear

Thanx. thumbsup Of course - line of studios,and last also - STUDIOREVIEWS Mag.
Old 2nd February 2006
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandCrafted Lab
Which from nuts namely? It starts to become similar to a nut tree...

thumbsup i think i´ll get my s2 in early june,dear mr. frost!!!!
...i´m looking forward to it!

oh..and can you post a link to the review of this magazine you mentioned???
i´d like to read about that of course!

Last edited by s-boogie; 2nd February 2006 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: question
Old 16th February 2006
Lives for gear

Old 24th February 2006
Lives for gear

Old 24th February 2006
Lives for gear

Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

Mr Hand Crafted Labs

Your channel strip need be better than Avalon 737 and Manley Vox Box costing
around 1000USD and stereo type !
Because if your channel strip cost more than that 2 giants corporations,you will lost market for them.Best of luck from Brazil.
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

Thanxthumbsup
About Avalon- ask Synthi

About stereo type - we doubt, that such device will have the greater market, than mono type - if to take even examples of others brands, Vox Box as well - and it confirm wishes of 6 clients which have already ordered our channel strip (not presented officialy yet).

But Stereo type will be really not cheap - why?-

-Low-z input+Hi-Z input - working simulataneosly and independently
-2 mode optoleveller, hard/soft,
-4 band passiv bell EQ
-2 independent transformer output - for DAW and other next devices-mixer, etc to avoid of lanetcy
-3 transformer in all
-transformer universal input/output between Preamp and Leveller - direct input to Leveler+EQ, togetener or leveller only (EQ by pass) or EQ (leveller by pass), or output from Preamp
-3 U Rack

Violent Force - Breadboard model, pics coming soon

Cost of this new device will be stacked meanwhile in that price range which we name "advertising" ~ 1.500 $. Further time and the market will tell the word for all our gear.

thanx once more, greetings to Brazilthumbsup
Old 16th March 2006
Gear maniac

I like 'breadboard' but

Violent Force is something i wouldnt really want to read looking at my racks every day..
Just a tad too eh, forced.
Maybe just force?
Old 16th March 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gefell
not working bro!!!
What's not working?
Old 16th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
What's not working?

when the the pics were first posted the link did not work. i should edit it. peace
Old 30th March 2006
Lives for gear

Old 5th April 2006
Gear nut

Im much interested in the preamp and the leveler, how can i contact people on handcrafted?

anne@geekrecords.com
Old 14th April 2006
Lives for gear

Old 21st April 2006
Lives for gear

Old 21st April 2006
Gear Maniac

You guys should hire a European/American graphic designer. Your equipment just looks too Russian , and although it may sound pretty stellar, I don't think that works in terms of sales!

It's like selling a Lada with a Porsche engine heh
Old 21st April 2006
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony666
You guys should hire a European/American graphic designer. Your equipment just looks too Russian , and although it may sound pretty stellar, I don't think that works in terms of sales!

I like this military look.
Cheers,
Macmod (from Western Europe)
Old 21st April 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

I think that leveler is one of the most beautiful looking pieces of gear i've seen in a long time. DonPedro that thread a while ago with everybody's votes for sexiest gear, and while this doesn't take the shadow hills stuff, this thing looks awesome. but you know what opinions are like...
Old 21st April 2006
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmod
Cheers,
Macmod (from Western Europe)
Me too. It's very distinct.
Old 21st April 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

What for? Is it for not being able to distinguish our devices from lots of others EU/US brands?
Probably, it is important for low cost popular mass market products where consumers are mostly guided by the way the product looks. Meanwhile our main customers are middle and big studios which care less about the look of the product but rather by the quality of sound and nuances of sounding of devices. If you look at racks of these studios you will see there plenty of devices in rare/military design. For example even though ADL 760, Pultec, Collins, TubeTech, Teletronix are great brands for sure but still military style does not impede them to be sold to this very day (at 20-25K $ ADL for ex). As well as our devices, on UK market,which for today makes the greatest orders,in particular.
It’s not by any chance that these customers like strongly built devices (and we do too of coursestike ) with lots of iron and the sound and little of potis/knobs/switches which frequently impede and complicate the usage of the device bearing mostly commercial effect. Our concept is a lot of sound and a little of knob/switches with only really necessary ones.

btw, probably we shall launch one more type of device design a little bit later. It might be true khaki (a usual and desert variant). Real soviet old military devices & machines and the armoured technics was painted by such paint. Now we use the paint with which front panels in old Soviet space stations are painted.

P.S And also the Soviet military tubes - which contain 0,5g of gold and 0,1g of platinum.
Old 21st April 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

I like the plain utilitarian look, kind of old school looking. Why pay extra for fancy schmancy anodizing, engraving , flashing LED lights, big advertising campaigns? The HCL cosmetic simplicity keeps the price low. I would rather have a wolf in sheep's clothing than the other way around. I would still like to try some of their stuff. Some day, budget permitting.
Old 22nd April 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmod
I would call the colors of those VU meters on the Multicolor Solution a Pre 1982 bad italo disco look. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen those color combinations anymore since then heh

But again YMMV , and I sure don't want to offend the people from Handcraft. Just my opinion
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search