All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hand Crafted Lab.Ukraine,Kiev-Only full tube gears
Old 20th September 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks,sorry for english.

This was U87.
Old 25th September 2005
Lives for gear

We making now "black box" - pre(mono) with 4 tubes and 1 poti - what wishes will be?
Old 1st October 2005
Lives for gear

Review on Harmony Central for ours full tube preamp "Affinity" >>>>

http://www.harmony-central.com/Recor...ffinity-1.html
Old 2nd October 2005
Lives for gear

Hi HandCrafted Lab,

Maybe a good way to boost your sales would be to send some demo units so we can test them and give review?

Prepare yourself for the worst....

BTW: Your English is improving with every post
Old 2nd October 2005
Lives for gear

It`s pretty when we gear got some issue - for almost 8 years. Of course, we send stuff to some experts for testing - now it for example, . If to speak about your question - what level of testing it could be discussed?

Web,Print,editions,mag., Studios and experts? we can discuss this... thumbsup

We find cooperations with experts,producers, musicians, studioowners - and, certainly, we find it owing to sounding of our products.
But we can`t send ten devices - therefore we work, of course, with authoritative persons (in sense testing).

And as a whole - with any interested person.

Thanks for kind word about english.I try.
Old 2nd October 2005
Lives for gear

Ok, Here's what I suggest :

You send two/three devices (compressor/ pre/ DI...whatever we agree).

I play with it for a week and then pass it to someone like Jules or toolskid or another person (that's willing to participate in this idea) and he can pass it to another person after a week.

After, we can review your product here or even purchase it if we connect with it (Im sure you could give a special price for slutz members ).

I can test it in a project studio environment and in our big room (standard SSL room) and give it to some of the outside engineers that come in to test out.

Then you'll have some UK based people talking about your products, for better or for worse.

Word of mouth in this business works better then any other type of advertising.

Im only interested if your stuff stands against 1176 neve api manley fairchild etc. thats what I'll be comparing it against.

Pm me if you're interested and I'll try and gather some people to join in.

cheers

mac
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Well, I think, we shall make it. Opinion Julian,in particular, and of some experts in UK also would be interesting to us.
We shall prepare these devices (it can demand some time - a lot of orders) - but in reasonable terms, I think, couple of weeks - assembly of this off-schedule devices, and delivery to UK - 10-14 days (for ex. Oslo-7 days, Berlin-10days).
What from gears would be interesting first of all?
Mics, Pre, Leveller, Di-Box? (mixer - under order only).
It`s necessary for discussing (it`s possible in privat )

(btw - we prepare for manuf. guitar 3ch.pre and "black box" stike (full tube-of course).
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac black

After, we can review your product here or even purchase it if we connect with it (Im sure you could give a special price for slutz members ).
Mac,

You make a bunch of dough, right?
Is it yet necessary to spare in a couple of pounds on a young company that - so far it seems - offers prices already ~60% under the usual rip off?

You could skip the squeeze.

Ruphus
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

yes..the prices are very low,compared to other hand crafted stuff sold around
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

It is temporary.

Everyone understand, that high quality and sounding cost good money-also as well as cost of knowledge and experiments. But we the young company on word market- though dynamics of sales steadily grows, as one device, causes chain reaction - in 95 % of cases those who have got something from our modelling of some, still more some devices.

2Ruphus. Btw, in Berlin, the person has buy two devices late (besides that had already ours leveller).
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Just listened to the files. Sure like your mic better than the U87, eventhough wondering whether the preamp wasn´t raised a bit.

I´m bankrupt for now, but your compressor looks interesting to check it out sometime. I have an expensive opto limiter. Not the same like a compressor anyway, but it darkens the source too much and squeezes stereo width to towel size.

Your statement that the "devices do not paint a sound" has me curious, for I´d like to have a tad of character and glue in sound, but subtly.
Good that a stereo link will be included too.
What about shrinking of the stereo image, would it be only subtle? How would the Leveller be on master tracks?

Ruphus
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks,Ruphus thumbsup

When we did record of samples - we have established a level of loudness of microphones on indicators - and have equaled microphones among themselves. But it is obvious, not loudness, but "presence" - or otherwise speaking - "sound in face" takes place.
I can discuss with the owner of Leveller (but, righ - with mic option) in Berlin, that it showed to you Leveller, possibly - Mic, Preamp.
We initially positioned ours Leveller, how mastering device. But sometimes, under the order of clients, we do Leveller with mic option, +48v. But for a microphone rise + 1,5 dB on average frequencies 1,5-2 K is required to, differently the microphone sounds dimly. But it is not absolutely good for mastering device - which should have strictly straight-line characteristic.
It is possible, certainly, in a variant with mic option not do rise +1,5 dB - but under the instruction of the client.
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruphus
Mac,

You make a bunch of dough, right?
Is it yet necessary to spare in a couple of pounds on a young company that - so far it seems - offers prices already ~60% under the usual rip off?

You could skip the squeeze.

Ruphus

Thanks Riphus,

I'll bear that in mind.
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

I figured the presence, still wondered about gain, but what do I know.

Nice to hear that it can be had flat in frequency too.
Meanwhile also checked the samples on Drago´s site. Test conditions didn´t seem exactly parameter. Still, liked the Leveller pres. Could be I wished the boost to extend a bit more upwards like to around 3kHz or something, ... or might be prefer it flat altogether, dunno. Could luckily be flat to be my preference on the mic pres too.
Thanks for eventually asking Drago in Berlin. When having some fund available I shall contact you and see whether I can visit him and take a listening to the leveller.

Thanks,

Ruphus
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac black
Thanks Riphus,

I'll bear that in mind.
Wasn´t meant in thought of person, but of the action.
I fail in action all the time and wellcome your critique.

Peace,

Ruphus
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandCrafted Lab
Well, I think, we shall make it. Opinion Julian,in particular, and of some experts in UK also would be interesting to us.
We shall prepare these devices (it can demand some time - a lot of orders) - but in reasonable terms, I think, couple of weeks - assembly of this off-schedule devices, and delivery to UK - 10-14 days (for ex. Oslo-7 days, Berlin-10days).
What from gears would be interesting first of all?
Mics, Pre, Leveller, Di-Box? (mixer - under order only).
It`s necessary for discussing (it`s possible in privat )

(btw - we prepare for manuf. guitar 3ch.pre and "black box" stike (full tube-of course).
I would like to test all of them .

We can start with the Pre and the DI.

mac
Old 3rd October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruphus
Wasn´t meant in thought of person, but of the action.
I fail in action all the time and wellcome your critique.

Peace,

Ruphus
Actually, I am trying to help the guy.
I know of a russian guy that builds solid units so I like Russian built stuff, but, without living with it for a while I can't tell if its good or not.
"special price" Incentives are always a good marketing tool.

mac
Old 4th October 2005
Lives for gear

I see.

Ruphus

PS: Would be interesting to see how you find the gear.
Old 6th October 2005
Lives for gear

How do I go about purchasing the Affinity and the Tube leveller?
I could not see how to do this on your web site.
I guess I'll take the risk and scope it out.

Chris
Old 31st October 2005
Lives for gear

We have released new versions our gears (since 01.11.05) -

Preamp "Affinity" - 3 stage version (2 stage version is manufacturing also) - pure A class also, zero feedback. Add 5 step multipattern Gain switch(instead 2 step) on mic input, +4/-10dBu switch also(on order of client),

Leveler "Solution" - add soft/hard mode, +4/-10dBu switch also,stereo link(on order of client),

Mic "Faust" - version with omni capsule and 11 diagrams now (old version with non omni capsule manufacture now also),

Di-Box "Sound Heater"- expanded input control of Gain (from dyn.mic to line level)
Old 8th November 2005
Lives for gear

I volunteered to do a shoot up session in my studio.
I'll get on Friday a leveler unit from them that includes a built in preamp (as i understood it is the same pre as the stand alone preamp).
I'll compare it with:
1176, ADL1000, compex,RnC,V72, V676a and cadac preamp (very neve-ish class A preamp)
I'm not working or in any relations with anyone from Hand Crafted Lab!!!
I'm just curios about their products and will be happy to share my test with everyone here, so stay tune!
Old 9th November 2005
Lives for gear

Successful experiments. thumbsup

We also confirm, that we are not in any relations with Lowswing Studio - and have simply given our device for experiments.

P.S.It would be desirable to specify, that the new version " Affinity a2 " preamp has 3 cascades instead of 2 (as in previous "Affinity") - and also 5 stage multistage switch on low-z mic/line input, low-z and hi-z inputs can work simultaneosly - as aktive mixer (for low-z and hi-z inputs we used separate tubes).
Old 9th November 2005
Lives for gear

just to make things clear, your guy in Berlin told me that he wil give me your level with a built in micpre that suppose to be the same mic pre as in your "affinity". is it right?
Old 9th November 2005
Gear Maniac

i just got my leveller from handcrafted now!!!
it looks mighty between my dbx 160sl and my urei la-4´s!!!!
unfortunately i didn´t have much time to record with my
handcrafted "FAUST" mic yet.
i used the tube leveller very soft on snare and kickdrums yet....
great!
quality gear!!!

@handcrafted: thanks for your support during payment & shipping

it´s about time to built an EQ!!??!
it´s all tube...what about a programm eq / "pultec" style.
Old 10th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowswing
just to make things clear, your guy in Berlin told me that he will give me your level with a built in micpre that suppose to be the same mic pre as in your "affinity". is it right?
Yes, actually so - but, in the meantime, we have made it update - and now new " Affinity a2 " preamp has 3 cascades and 5 stage multistage switch on low-z input. These devices practically equally sound. But we, and the majority of clients, prefer separate devices is more flexible approach - and, separate devices sound better nevertheless - so we count, and many our clients.

New leveller " Solution s2 " - has received hard/soft mode, and s - boogie - one of the first users, who has received the new version.

to s- boogie - thanx for kind word .... thumbsup
ab.EQ - we carry out some experiments now above pultec-EQ for our new Voice Channel
Old 13th November 2005
Lives for gear

the link above now working!
all test files are uploaded
micpre test on acoustic guitar (Guild mic by neumann km54) and on male vocal (gefell um92.1s) : hand crafted lab against V72, v676a, and cadac g268
compressor test: hand crafted lab against 1176 ,adr compex and ADL cl1000 on vocal acoustic guitar and bass.
Old 14th November 2005
Here for the gear

Hi Lowswing,

thanx for uploading these wonderful files. thumbsup

I am the German distributor of HCL gear and I´m very pleased that there is so much interest worldwide in this stuff. heh

HCL Trading
Old 14th November 2005
Here for the gear

More Tests

@ everybody:

please also visit our tests against SPL & RME preamps:
www.hcl-trading.de.vu
I recommend the Dobro guitar recordings stike

Cheers,
HCL Trading
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

I am liking gtr "A"
sounds the most tube-ey and pleasant.

Best from Chicago,
Plushy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search