The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
i just receivd a pair of AMI TAB/Funken v-78s...
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Addict

i just receivd a pair of AMI TAB/Funken v-78s...

i just receivd my pair AMI TAB/Funken v-78s. i played with them a little bit but nothing serious. i was just wondering if anyone with any expeirence with them can share some info on situations and/or instruments where they shine and or fail.
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
They are quite "tubey" for lack of a better term.
that was the first thing i notice about them. i bought them stricty by word off mouth from a good freind (thrillfactor, he and i go way, way, way back). like i said i haven't had chance to put them through their paces yet but they seem like they would work very well on some things and not so good on others. not that this is a bad thing but they are not a versitle as mt GR MP-2NV and not as puchy as booth my the GR and my Manely Dual mono Mic Pre
Old 21st July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolo
...not as puchy as booth my the GR and my Manely Dual mono Mic Pre
I think you need to 'play' with them a little more...I have never heard the GR, I have heard the mANLEY box...Ollie's V78 should kill it.
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Guru

How are they on vocals?
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tholen
I think you need to 'play' with them a little more...I have never heard the GR, I have heard the mANLEY box...Ollie's V78 should kill it.
i will however. i find the v-78 to be fatter than manley when it comes to the tube but the manley definitely sounded puncher. maybe it was just that particular source though.

on vocals it was like i said fat. also warm smooth and dare i say silky! i only used it on kick snare and vocals thus far. again i didn't spend much time with the box yet. i was just checking mostly to see if they survived the shipping.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search